• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

32bit windows & RX400 series - it is possible =)

The card will work, you have to be concerned about the games that do not support 32bit windows.
 
i finally installed bypass driver with switched name but it is unstable like spreaded icons. fire strike benchmark is better than i thought and stable. it is around 9650. need more help T_T ahhh so tired.. :(
 
i finally installed bypass driver with switched name but it is unstable like spreaded icons. fire strike benchmark is better than i thought and stable. it is around 9650. need more help T_T ahhh so tired.. :(

Go 64 bit or return the card for something else that has 32 bit drivers. You are going to have an uphill battle with the card from this point on.
 
...by years I mean over a decade, its seen upgrades from XP to Vista to 7, and multiple hardware changes from different processor vendors / motherboards to anything else. I've baby'd this OS throughout the years and it still performs damn close to a clean install.

No it doesn't.

Quit being a dork and do a clean install with a 64-bit Windows 7. Setup your basic stuff, make an image with Reflect or your preferred backup software, and never worry about 'babying' you OS ever again.

The only reason to be running 32-bit Windows at this point is compatibility with old 16-bit applications. You can usually run those old games/programs in a VM.
 
No it doesn't.

Quit being a dork and do a clean install with a 64-bit Windows 7. Setup your basic stuff, make an image with Reflect or your preferred backup software, and never worry about 'babying' you OS ever again.

The only reason to be running 32-bit Windows at this point is compatibility with old 16-bit applications. You can usually run those old games/programs in a VM.

Yeap.
That's the reason why I use windows 7 32 bit..
Old 16bit programs are essential for me to do my job
I can't understand AMD had cut supporting 32bit drivers, nor my bad luck this time changing graphics card with new technology..
By the way, NVidia still supports 32 bit drivers.. :(
 
I assure you I'm not. I have years of apps and custom settings in this OS ... by years I mean over a decade, its seen upgrades from XP to Vista to 7, and multiple hardware changes from different processor vendors / motherboards to anything else. I've baby'd this OS throughout the years and it still performs damn close to a clean install. So, yes, doing all of it over again ... when Ive forgotten most of it ... will be a major PITA.
Truly no offense meant, but that OS has to be a complete mess. Not even Microsoft recommends doing that many upgrades without a clean install.

I'd hate to see that file system.
 
nice thread jack josh!
OP you ever get sorted out? ever try dual booting so you can use 64bit then switch if needed?
 
Yea how many pcs you still use at home running 32bit windows? (Not to mention primary gaming setup)

I don't know about *primary* gaming setup; but the latest steam hardware survey has 8.44% of windows PCs checking in with 32 bit versions (roughly 2/3rds w7, 1/6th each XP and W10). Unfortunately there's no way to get stats weighted by playtime or to correlate hardware specs with OS versions; but I suspect the share of hours played on 32bit systems is significantly lower than the number of machines and that the share with modernish discrete GPUs is even lower. I also suspect that the Win8/10 systems are probably heavily skewed towards Windows tablets.


Regardless that number is shrinking fast though; projecting the last 4 month trends (the 1 month data is way too noisy to make decent projections with) forward a year suggests that it will only be half as large this time next year.
 
Yeap.
That's the reason why I use windows 7 32 bit..
Old 16bit programs are essential for me to do my job
I can't understand AMD had cut supporting 32bit drivers, nor my bad luck this time changing graphics card with new technology..
By the way, NVidia still supports 32 bit drivers.. :(

NVidia's been doing much better both financially and in total GPU sales the last few years. That means they've probably got more recent luddite customers as well as more money to support drivers for them. With 32bit OSes share of the gaming world shrinking as rapidly as they are though, I would not be surprised if nVidia does decide to drop them in the next year or two as well.

Joining the chorus here, either virtualize your 32bit OS to run whatever legacy crap you need for work; or split work and play into two separate computers and game on a 64bit os with the latter. At best running newer games on a 32bit OS means you're running them at nerfed settings due to lack of ram, at worst 64bit exclusive titles will only become more common going forward showing evermore slammed doors in your gaming face. In the mean time your ability to run other modern apps (including web apps in your browser) is getting steadily more restricted due to occasional 64bit exclusives and steadily growing memory demands by the rest (against your 2 or 3gb hard cap of app addressable ram).

You're also running at a significantly elevated risk of virus/malware infection; 32bit OSes are significantly more likely to get infected than 64 bit ones due to lacking additional defenses that are exclusive to the newer one. IIRC It was ~50% a few years ago when MS published comparison data in their twice yearly Security Intelligence Report (basically data reported back from their AV products) but the most recent release doesn't have the OS version/bittedness infection rate table; and I don't feel like hunting for older ones to find exact numbers. When they included it the table also showed major (IIRC 20-30% ish) drops in infection rates with each new OS version from XP to 8. (I don't recall if any of them were recent enough to have W10 data in or not).
 
Haven't read all the post, but Windows 10 should have built in drivers for it. Just plug it in and let the system automatically install it.
 
Yeap.
That's the reason why I use windows 7 32 bit..
Old 16bit programs are essential for me to do my job
I can't understand AMD had cut supporting 32bit drivers, nor my bad luck this time changing graphics card with new technology..
By the way, NVidia still supports 32 bit drivers.. :(

Have you tried DOSBox? Painless emulation of 16-bit systems, even in Windows 10 64-bit.

To install 98SE, just copy the disk contents to your hard drive, then run the installer from DOSBox. Should run any 16-bit program fine, and you can just have it auto-run 98 when you load up DoaBox.
 
This thread reminds me of those people who refuse to move on from CRT's.
CRT's are OK to keep around for certain things like retro gaming, but I agree it's time to move on for a daily driver.

Several years ago, I pulled out of storage and recycled my true-flat 19" 4:3 CRT that was working fine. I kind of regret it now.
 
Back
Top