• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3240x2560 thoughts

GMaxx

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 13, 2005
Messages
311
Hi,

I'm in the process of choosing new monitors for work and gaming.

I'm moving from a Dell 3008 driven by quad sli gtx690s to a new setup.

Currently, I'm testing a combination of a Viewsonic VP2770 and LG 29EA93.

I must say I love both monitors since I got ones that don't have any real defects except for a little backlight bleeding.

I'm going to mount these monitors on an Ergotron arm.

However, I've been thinking what it would be like to run three LG 29EA93 monitors in Nvidia surround giving me 3240x2560.

I would think this would be close to a 5:4 aspect but would it be weird.

My main concern is for work if I could get use to the bezels considering I'm home at night working sometimes until 3am in the morning.

I think for gaming it would be great. I would consider maybe three vp2770 but I must say the LG monitor seems a tad better for gaming. I'm not a professional gamer by any means but when I tested Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light it just seemed a bit better for me.

Anyway, I wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts on a 3240x2560 setup.

THANKS!
 
Unless you are doing some sort of a custom setup, I think what you're looking to do would be too tall and a strain to look at.
Then there's the problem that the 29EA93 is a narrow display vertically and the bezels would certainly get in the way with three screens in portrait.

I just got this monitor the other day and already love it. But I couldn't imagine doing an eyefinity setup with it - that would be just a little too much IMO.

To me it's meant to be used as a single display only (maybe one on top of the other as a possibility?), but that's about it.

It already works rather well for most gaming, and depending on your needs, is OK for work as well.
 
Unless you are doing some sort of a custom setup, I think what you're looking to do would be too tall and a strain to look at.
Then there's the problem that the 29EA93 is a narrow display vertically and the bezels would certainly get in the way with three screens in portrait.

I just got this monitor the other day and already love it. But I couldn't imagine doing an eyefinity setup with it - that would be just a little too much IMO.

To me it's meant to be used as a single display only (maybe one on top of the other as a possibility?), but that's about it.

It already works rather well for most gaming, and depending on your needs, is OK for work as well.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking if it would be too tall.

I'm thinking I might just stick to my original plan of keeping both a VP2770 along with the LG29EA93. I've tried this out for work and it's not too bad but I do have to admit I think two
VP2770s would be better for work but the gaming side of me is saying keep the 29EA93 instead of getting another VP2770.

As long as you get a good one I think the 29EA93 is definitely a great monitor.

Thanks.
 
What about what I suggested in having two 29EA93's - one stacked on top of the other?
(2560x2160)

For work you could use both and for gaming just use the bottom display (maybe both?)
 
Well I found that 30" monitors were too tall to be useful in portrait, and these would be taller, so I'm in the camp thaforays this would be a bad idea for portrait eyefinity. In landscape, that's another question. It might ve good, it may be too wide, where you can't see the edge of the viewport. It would be definately immersive though as long as the hud stayed on the middle monitor.
 
Back
Top