• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3200+ AMD64 Venice Overclocking Q

Risiko

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
Messages
177
I'm going to purchase this quite soon. I have 1gig of PC3200 Corsair Ram to go along with it (pretty nice quality, though It's been in use for quite a while).

Question:

How high should I be able to bump up the FSB with this type of ram? Would it be wise in any way to buy higher-rated ram so I'd be able to push the FSB even further? This might not be possible because of budget concerns.

I've been looking around the forums and it seems like people are able to up the FSB to super-high levels on AMD 64's, much higher than what was capable on the Athlon XP. That true? Or am I missing something?
 
Dont worry about the ram. Dividers aren't a performance hit like in the past. You can overclock your CPU to insane speeds with your ram at stock.
 
Back
Top