32" Westinghouse LED TV $200 Ends Today.

schnell

Gawd
Best buy has a Deal on 32" Westinghouse (Re-branded LG) for $200 ending today. I picked one up this morning. Watched 2 Blu-Rays already, the picture is phenomenal. Looks every bit as good as my Sony Bravia.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Westinghouse+-+32%22+Class+/+LED+/+720p+/+60Hz+/+HDTV/2731608.p?id=1218347168874&skuId=2731608&st=32%20westinghouse&cp=1&lp=1

Anyone who is concerned with the brand just needs to look through the grills on the back and see LG on the circuit boards. Amazing value for $200, I seriously doubt there will be a better deal on Black Friday.

Says unavailable for all the stores around me :( and my roommates and I really need a bigger TV... we are using a small old ass CRT lol

Had a few westinhouse', different models. Avoid Like Plague.

LG probably sold them cheap to them for issues.

Says unavailable for all the stores around me :( and my roommates and I really need a bigger TV... we are using a small old ass CRT lol

Add to cart and ship to store.

EDITL NVM...won't work

Had a few westinhouse', different models. Avoid Like Plague.

LG probably sold them cheap to them for issues.

Multiple people I know have never had a problem. Your comment reads like a brand snob with no real experience.

Multiple people I know have never had a problem. Your comment reads like a brand snob with no real experience.
Also the parts used + quality can vary drastically from model to model, and from year to year.

So any remarks about different models must be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Sounds like you didn't understand post.

Also the parts used + quality can vary drastically from model to model, and from year to year.

So any remarks about different models must be taken with a grain of salt.

Have had a 27, 32 and a 37". All had issues ranging from major to minor within the first year. I sold them all including the warranty within the first year and the ppl that had them encountered issues, still within warranty. After being repaired they had no issues. Who wants to go through that though?

Have had a 27, 32 and a 37". All had issues ranging from major to minor within the first year. I sold them all including the warranty within the first year and the ppl that had them encountered issues, still within warranty. After being repaired they had no issues. Who wants to go through that though?
I can totally understand where you're coming from, people should pay at least some attention to overall brand reputation, hence me saying to "take the comment with a grain of salt" as opposed to telling everyone to ignore it :p

:)

That was some crap luck though.

I had a 37 inch model while I was in college. Right after the warranty ended the TV started acting up and after 3 RMAs I gave up. They are hell bent on reusing defective models. Fuck Westinghouse.

My last Westinghouse LCD HDTV was donated to Goodwill. It was a complete piece of shit. I wouldn't touch this brand again for any price.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the one in the discussion i linked above, the VR-xx25 series, and only $199 on sale?

I would seriously consider Best Buy's extended warranty along with it, they are inexpensive and decent TV warranties. $30 for Four years, can't beat it.

Considering overall quality though the Panasonics would be more reliable.

Last edited:
I got a 40" Westinghouse 1080p from last year's Target Black Friday sale for $298. I haven't had any problems with it.

Did they ask you if you were getting the protection plan (and you saidin no) before they "couldn't find it"

Actually, yes. They asked if I wanted the "black tie" protection. No guys, I don't want you to come to my house and blow out the dust from the speakers. There were several other people behind me that were wanting it too and they were all told there was no stock.

The 1080P deal is probably still alive, just let the store pricematch the website. Though don't let the salesperson access the BB website internally since they access a dummy website with higher prices. Either print out the webpage yourself and bring it in, or pull up the webpage on your cell phone to show the clerk/manager.

Not sure what their official policy is, or if it works in all stores, but it's been done many times before. Lets just say YMMV to be safe.

My old Westy 37w3 is still working like a champ with my 60gb PS3, so I should buy more lotto tickets.

Back