32" Plasma from Vizio only $547

TRD Supra

Limp Gawd
This would be a great TV for console gamers.
http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=58

Only $547 at WalMart

VP322_product_page.jpg

Buy me one. I don't want to pay the shipping up to where I live. I'll stick to Dell.ca for my purchases... free shipping anywhere in Canada FTW. But, tis a beaut of a Plasma... the price drop is likely based on the "death" of plasma.

Honestly with a 32", you can't realize the true benefits of 1080P. They only really start showing through above that size.

I have a Vizio 32" LCD and I would recommend it to any casual gamer/TV watcher

If you use it as a monitor you sure do.

If you use it as a monitor you sure do.
yup, but then again if your wanting a pc monitor a plasma isnt the way to go.. arnt their response times higher then LCDs?

never hear of ppl using plasmas as monitors.

Vizio FTL, google "Vizio+Pop+of+Death" and you'll see why :p Plasmas aren't made to be PC monitors, even 07/08 models from Panasonic and Pioneer still have to deal with image retention and uneven wear. They are still the king of video displays though, just anything but Vizio! Samsungs are half decent to good, Panasonic is good to great, Pioneer is the best and the rest don't matter. As for the "Plasmas Dead" comment we'll see you change your tune when Pioneer releases it's 0IRE or "absolute black" display. LCDs have a lot of catching up to do yet and might not even get a chance to one up plasma until they are both rendered obsolete by OLED or some other new display technology

yup, but then again if your wanting a pc monitor a plasma isnt the way to go.. arnt their response times higher then LCDs?

never hear of ppl using plasmas as monitors.

Plasmas have nearly perfect motion, much better than LCDs. Not without mentioning perfect viewing angles, 100% uniformity and last but not least NO backlight bleed. There is a bit of a green fringing issue, on some sets it's worse than others and tends to go away after burning in (running the TV) for a few hundred hours

I cant speak for all plasma's but I use my Pioneer Kuro 5080HD plasma for my PC / 360 / PS3 and Wii , It gets many hours of usage per day and I havent experienced even a hint of image retention since I bought it 5 months ago.

I dont use the plasma as my main PC monitor, when I do its mainly for watching movies off the PC (HD files etc.)

I remember the first time I witnessed PC on the Plasma I was floored by the picture quality, Heck I still am now lol.

Its worth noting that the 32" Vizio has a native resolution of 1024x720 so it might not work out so well for PC usage.. My previous plasma was 1024x768 and PC would output in a 4:3 aspect ratio because of it.

I've been thinking of plasma for a monitor as well. I went from a pro series trinitron to a 245bw and I hate it for its bad viewing angles and backlight bleed. Non TN panels have better angles but everyone seems to be bitching about input lag. My monitor is also my TV, and I'm wondering if the size and image quality of a 1080p plasma would be worth the lower pixels/inch when using as a monitor. You can get decent 40-ish inch plasma for the cost of a 30" monitor.

Can someone please confirm that this Vizio 32" plasma will display my xbox 360 and upconverting dvd player at 1366x768 despite it being a 1024x720 native display?...

Its now down to $514 at Walmart and $500 at Costco B&M. There is also an Insiginia which shares the same panel for $547 at BB but with a 10% also is around $500. Both use same LG panels. There have been reports of Image Rention problems at AVS Forums. More so on the Vizio but I think a lot less people own the Insignia. The Insignia has better picture sizing capabilities while the Vizio has an Image Retention cleaner in the menu. Debating.

Back