32" Led Vizio @ Target 399.99

Climber

Supreme [H]ardness
Vizio is in the Target weekly ad for 399.00. Good reviews on Amazon for it and I'll be swinging by in a bit to take a look at it but not a bad price for a bedroom tv.

It does appear to be an IPS panel since it has 178° viewing angle. Sorry if that is not a great way to determine the difference between a TN and an IPS, but thought it best to add that. Reviews are positive on Amazon but Avsforums doesn't have a whole lot of info on them.

LG 32ld400 for 349 @ BB

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think the LG is a better buy at $70 more, no?

ya probably if the LG is the IPS panel. Also BB has the LG 32LD400 for 50 cheaper as well. Going to go compare both of them.

LG 32ld400 reviews at Amazon look promising.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Some reviews say the VIZIO is 1080i and not 1080p?

On another note, how would you guys say the LG32LD400 is in regards to be used as a computer monitor.

Last edited:
Some reviews say the VIZIO is 1080i and not 1080p?

On another note, how would you guys say the LG32LD400 is in regards to be used as a computer monitor.

All LCDs are displayed progressive ("p").

It does appear to be an IPS panel since it has 178° viewing angle. Sorry if that is not a great way to determine the difference between a TN and an IPS, but thought it best to add that.
178 degrees or not, If playing the odds, chances are it's a VA panel of some sort.

Though with TV displays it almost doesn't matter whether it's IPS or VA, both have their strengths with TV viewing. VA's tend to have better blacks, sometimes much better, whereas IPS panels would have less smearing. These are general blanket statements, and results vary from model to model, but i'm sure all of you get the idea.

Good price on a name brand, slim, 32" 1080P LCD, the reviews on amazon make it seem promising.

All LCDs are displayed progressive ("p").

This.

As for whether or not the LG would make a good PC monitor I haven't found much on either of them as PC monitors, but the LG does fail in 4:4:4 sampling.

Back