32" LCD TV for PC gaming?

Darth Bobo

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been thiking a bit about this. Currently I game on a 22" Samsung screen and while I love it I keep pondering if the lower resolution and higher responsetime is acceptable considering that you can use relatively more AF and AA than on the 22" with the same card.

Thoughts?

I've been thinking the same thing...sell my current $500 Dell 2007WFP for a wad and get a nice LCD widescreen of a larger size for hte same price.

You could play with everything jacked all the way up at a reasonable resolution I image, at least in the 1280x768 area, and have a phat performance boost and be able to hook up everything else to it.

Well LCD TV's are just that, TVs. While I was once thinking the same thing in regards to resolution and whatnot, a TV is not meant to be sitting 3-5 feet away from your eyes. Things like ghosting, color dullness, etc all REALLY stand out when your using a TV as a monitor.

I don't recommend it. But, money is a big influence. :)

Ive been reading a bit up on it, basically you want a HD LCD that has 1080p, not 720p...this gives a much better quality. Also, make sure it has DVI input. A faster response time, like 5-8ms is better since it lessens ghosting (which isn't a big factor in LCD these days anyways).

Hell, u can always buy one, test it a few days, around 3-4 to see how you like it. Gives enough time to get over the excitement of having it and you'll be able to notice any discrepancies in the quality. And you'll be able to take it back to trade or refund at most stores :)

Back