32" LCD TV 1080P

strikerP4

Limp Gawd
So I was thinking about buying one for my computer to game and watching movies. The price on these has come down a lot and I've been wanting something bigger than my 22".

So what are some opinions out there on doing this instead of buying an actual computer monitor.

I have a pretty decent system so I have plenty of horse power to push games at high res.

Intel q9650
8GB RAM
Asus 4850 in Crossfire

Pros? Cons?

It will be fine for gaming. But not so good as a computer monitor.

I find HDTV's to be great PC monitors as long as you aren't sitting 2' away, for a 32" i'd say 4' minimum.

each model is different. do research and make sure it has relatively low input lag and a specific PC mode

get the LG 32lh30. It's an amazing monitor. Text is really clear, and blacks are as good as sony's top of the line last year. It also looks really good for regular cable and high def cable. Don't get the lh40 even though it is 120Hz refresh rate. It has higher input lag and a slower response time. The Panasonic 32LZ800 that came out in 2008 is the only other 32 inch monitor I would consider having, but I think they discontinued them. Hope that helps. They even sell them at bestbuy if you want to buy it there:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Back