32" IPS/MVA freesync and $380 - 16:9 - 1440p or 21:9 - 1080p

The HP V1M69A does not have Freesync. You want the N9C43AA.
HP Envy 32" Widescreen Media Display with Audio by Bang and Olufsen (N9C43AA#ABA Black) - Walmart.com

I take it you'll be gaming on this screen due to the interest in Freesync? The LG is going to have better input lag, but 21:9 doesn't get a lot of support. The IPS panel will have better color reproduction than the HP, but significantly worse contrast. The HP will give you more screen space and higher resolution, but at about the same DPI as the LG. Response time is worse than the LG, meaning you may run into ghosting issues. Contrast with the VA panel in the HP will be superior, but colors may be washed out by comparison and you'll have to deal with contrast shift.

It's a hard choice. You're going to have to decide what compromises you want to take as is usual with the display market these days.

AMD Freesync page has all 3 32'' HPs listed as compatible AMD FreeSync™ Technology

jkhkh.jpg

"V.2"

The 34UM68 has a slightly bigger range - 40-75hz

FYI: I have not been able to enable Freesync with my HP Envy 32 (B & O version) with my Radeon 480. Tried resetting monitor, setting to Displayport mode 1.2a, gaming mode. The only thing I haven't tried is a new cable.

The only way to get 70Hz is to have Fresync enabled. Otherwise you are stuck at 60Hz

FYI: I have not been able to enable Freesync with my HP Envy 32 (B & O version) with my Radeon 480. Tried resetting monitor, setting to Displayport mode 1.2a, gaming mode. The only thing I haven't tried is a new cable.

The only way to get 70Hz is to have Fresync enabled. Otherwise you are stuck at 60Hz

Probably you got an older revision, because FreeSync support on the Envy 32 was only added many months after it came out.
You could message HP support and ask if they can firmware upgrade or swap your display.

Well I bought this directly from HP about two months ago. Freesync was an advertised feature when this monitor was released in October. I'll try contacting HP but I am not optimistic.
Manufacture date is Week 52, 2015

Last edited:
Back