32 GB RAM (at decent speeds)with MATX AM4 ?

Dahkoht

Limp Gawd
Was curious if there were any matx boards that can do 2666 or 3000 for RAM with 32 GB?

Want to build a small , just to fool around with really ) matx Ryzen 1700 , but with 32 GB running at decent speeds.

Just seeing all the RAM issues makes me leery of trying it.

B350 or X370.

Last edited:
Honestly am fine with whichever gets the fastest ram reliably , likely won't need more than 32 for a while so don't mind going 4x8 if that's the faster option

Actually I'll amend that to even standard ATX , as can just pick a small mid tower or cube case , just want a MB that's know to be fine with 32GB RAM at 2666 or higher

You won't be able to get 2x16 to 3200 right now anyway, so I don't understand the price hikes.

I did get in on one of those kits for $185.

Yeah that's why I am waiting because the plan was 4x16 @ 3200 but since currently AMD lists that as having a max speed of 1833 or something like that, so I am just on hold now. I want to be at least at around 3000 with 4x16 fully populated memory slots. I really don't want to buy a new rig till AMD can give me the full rated speeds with all memory slots filled with a Ryzen system.

Back