30mark2005 settings?

SKy042

[H]ard|Gawd
What does everyone use?
Since I'm using the free version I'm limited to the default setup but if I want to compare my numbers I'm curious what everyones settings are resolution wise and all.

for the record my first bench scored 8192 on 3dmark2005 with the free version and ONE of my GTX's installed (the second one is still in the box) I wanted to bench it before I installed the SLI.

SKy042 said:
What does everyone use?
Since I'm using the free version I'm limited to the default setup but if I want to compare my numbers I'm curious what everyones settings are resolution wise and all.

for the record my first bench scored 8192 on 3dmark2005 with the free version and ONE of my GTX's installed (the second one is still in the box) I wanted to bench it before I installed the SLI.

Thats a real nice score for a single GTX. My single GT with my current setup scored 7800 or so, with both of them and my current overclock I top out at around 12,866 (I think that was my exact score). :D

I'm using the free version as well.

One thing that bothers me is in the first scene when the big guys walk out with the gatlin cannons I can see the frame draws with the flashing lights.
I've seen this same artifact in CoD2 with machine gun muzzle flash as well as in FEAR.
Is this just something you have to deal with from Nvidia?

chinesepiratefood said:
what?

post a picture please
It's impossible to take a picture.
but muzzle flash sometimes just looks weird like the whole screen isn't lit up at the same time so it looks like draw lines like when you used to hit single digit frame rates except that it's still in the 30fps range.
It only happens on muzzle flash as far as I've found.
it looks choppy. I'll have to try fear now with the SLI though and see if it's still does it.

something is wrong with your setup then, COD2 and 3dm05 run fine with my 6800(as fine as it should :eek:)

How is it impossible to take a screenshot...fraps...print screen, or perhaps is it a monitor problem?

chinesepiratefood said:
something is wrong with your setup then, COD2 and 3dm05 run fine with my 6800(as fine as it should :eek:)

How is it impossible to take a screenshot...fraps...print screen, or perhaps is it a monitor problem?
Actually I'm wondering if it could be a refresh rate issue.

Well thus far the numbers I'm geting from these two cards isn't that impressive only 11699

There is definetly something wrong with your setup. Double check all connections, what drivers are you running? Did you do a proper uninstall/reinstall?

AppaYipYip said:
There is definetly something wrong with your setup. Double check all connections, what drivers are you running? Did you do a proper uninstall/reinstall?
yeah I did.
I'm using the 82.65 now.
I'm going to re-run 3dmark with those drivers.

I'm thinking there is a configuration setting that is set wrong I just don't know what it is. I have everything setup default just as it installed.

Why not use the 81.98 drivers as stated on nVidias site? Those drivers you are using are no where to be found on the official site or the BETA site.

AppaYipYip said:
Why not use the 81.98 drivers as stated on nVidias site? Those drivers you are using are no where to be found on the official site or the BETA site.
The first numbers were obtained running 81.98
the 3d guru 82.65 drivers netted me 11,712 score.

I'm not sure what the story is with this setup.

Go into the Det control panel and select "high performance" in the image settings + turn off AF. Enable all the optimizations. Now re-run 3d mark and see if the score improves.

Back