3090 wb

tunatime

Well...OK
What's the go to 3090 wb these days? Do any cool the back of the card also?

Optimus / EKWB. Optimus has a backplate for cooling somewhat too (that's what I have), but is really pricey. Those are the only two I have any experience with.

I thought the xc3 was a reference pcb but it looks like it not blah....also it looks like only ek has a active backplate for xc3 cards?

Not sure if a wc backplate is needed but on air the back gets stupid hot

I thought the xc3 was a reference pcb but it looks like it not blah....also it looks like only ek has a active backplate for xc3 cards?

3090? Yes. Rear RAM. FTW3 Ultra has an optimus block - that's what I have. Not sure if the XC3 matches.

I miss the Watercool Heatkiller Hole Edition in solid copper. Full block front and back on 3090 Strix would probably weigh in at 10 pounds! But nothing like keeping junction temps in the 40s under full load 24/7! ;-) I'd imagine running the 3090 with a naked backside (kinky! :=P) would result in some seriously high ram temps.

I miss the Watercool Heatkiller Hole Edition in solid copper. Full block front and back on 3090 Strix would probably weigh in at 10 pounds! But nothing like keeping junction temps in the 40s under full load 24/7! ;-) I'd imagine running the 3090 with a naked backside (kinky! :=P) would result in some seriously high ram temps.
I miss the days when cards didn't have vram on the back and mostly everyone used the reference pcb other then the ftw type cards...made picking a block a lot easier.

Also seems like a lot less people even review water blocks nowadays vs the olden days (man I miss [H])... unless one wants to watch someone yack on YouTube ect

I have the XC3 with active backplate from EK. When mining, junction temps stay at 72. Normal load it's something like 50C

I have the XC3 with active backplate from EK. When mining, junction temps stay at 72. Normal load it's something like 50C
Yeah that's what I went with gaming stays at about 40-43c card stays at about 1950mhz or so before it hits the power limit..... which sucks because it can hit 2100 on some games with a bit of under volting

I've got a Bykski block on my RTX 3090. At the time I got my card, which was pretty early on Bykski was about the only company that had 3090 FE blocks you could actually buy. So far, it's been a great performer. That said, it's not nearly as good looking as many other options out there.

I've got a Bykski block on my RTX 3090. At the time I got my card, which was pretty early on Bykski was about the only company that had 3090 FE blocks you could actually buy. So far, it's been a great performer. That said, it's not nearly as good looking as many other options out there.
My only problem with the ek block and active backplate was how much a pain in the ass it was to get the bridge to line up right they give you 0 wiggle room to get it lined up. Had to wind up putting the card on the table and pressing down way harder then I would have liked to make it line up

Yeah that's what I went with gaming stays at about 40-43c card stays at about 1950mhz or so before it hits the power limit..... which sucks because it can hit 2100 on some games with a bit of under volting
I feel ya on the power limit. But the way I look at it is, I paid retail on launch day, I'm not chasing records and realistically, the in-game performance between this and the FTW3 is probably what? 2-3 frames at most if we're talking about keeping a good undervolt? Some days I still try and push it to its limits and look to see if I can somehow trade up to a FTW3 (or a KingP1n for lolz), but hey, why have it if you aren't going to enjoy it right? :D

1SB1puY.jpg

I did earlier this year, hey it worked though. I'm currently just waiting on the Kingpin Water block from Optimus. That was a scary mess of a project it just looks like this now:

npyrw85wwae71.jpg
h16r295wwae71.jpg

Also couldn't wait for the water blocks at one point so I strapped this on there. Everything was a learning curve and I'd doit different today:
gf44ztd.jpg

bzusq85wwae71.jpg

View attachment 381243

I did earlier this year, hey it worked though. I'm currently just waiting on the Kingpin Water block from Optimus. That was a scary mess of a project it just looks like this now:

View attachment 381248View attachment 381250

Also couldn't wait for the water blocks at one point so I strapped this on there. Everything was a learning curve and I'd doit different today:
View attachment 381251
View attachment 381252
man that brings back memories of when i built a chiller for my old amd think it was a 955 or something with around -15-20f loop temp was fun other then how much a pain in the ass it was to make it safe to run 24/7....yours looks a lot cleaner then my ice chest and old walk in freezer condensing unit with a custom evap i made lol...

I got an order in for one of these beauties once they opened up ordering a few weeks ago:

optimusKP_1.jpg

optimusKP_2.jpg

I started out with the Hybrid KingPin, then got the Hydro Copper kit when it became available, and now I'm upgrading to the Optimus bad boy.

I had the corsair block on my 3090FE, performance was good! Better than the 3080TI Hydro Copper as far as temps go.

Back