• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

300W UPS - Can it handle this load?

asintado08

n00b
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
22
I have a 450VA 300W UPS. This is the specs of my computer.

i5 2400
4 HDD
1 CPU Cooler with two fans
1 ODD
450W Corsair PSU

I am planning to buy a GTX 650 or a R260x. The PSU can handle the load. I am not sure about the UPS. I dont need my computer to be turned on for a very long time after a power outage.

Do you guys think that my UPS can handle the load if I purchase a video card?
 
I would say no. Get a 1000VA to 1500VA UPS and repurpose the 450VA for your router + printer + displays.
 
Eh, it probably wouldn't last long on batteries, but I don't think you'd be overloading it.
 
While it wont be very good for keeping your PC running for long, it should prevent it from powering off during a glitch.
I'm running a VERY old UPS (at least 15 years old) with a VERY old battery (at least 8 years old), a Backups 400, 400VA.
I've had a lot of power failures over the years and my PC hasnt powered off unless the battery actually ran out.
It lasts a few minutes even with a basically dead battery, which is all I need.
I've had a few outages this week already due to the high winds and my PC has remained up each time with plenty of time to power it down in the event of a total mains failure.

It will be fine if its just to get past a mains glitch or a small outage.

My PC is a 2500K at 4.4GHz, R9 290X, 6W mains water cooler pump and LCD @ 40W, fyi
 
While it wont be very good for keeping your PC running for long, it should prevent it from powering off during a glitch.
I'm running a VERY old UPS (at least 15 years old) with a VERY old battery (at least 8 years old), a Backups 400, 400VA.
I've had a lot of power failures over the years and my PC hasnt powered off unless the battery actually ran out.
It lasts a few minutes even with a basically dead battery, which is all I need.
I've had a few outages this week already due to the high winds and my PC has remained up each time with plenty of time to power it down in the event of a total mains failure.

It will be fine if its just to get past a mains glitch or a small outage.

My PC is a 2500K at 4.4GHz, R9 290X, 6W mains water cooler pump and LCD @ 40W, fyi


Thanks.

I only purchased this UPS because of the power glitch that always happen in our area.

I will purchase the card, if it doesnt work or if the UPS is overloading, I will buy a new UPS.
 
Back
Top