3007wfp with a 3007wfp-hc

qbanb8582

2[H]4U
I have a 3007wfp monitor. I want to eventually get two more. My question is the difference in color gamut between the HC and non HC that significant? Can the colors of individual monitors be independently calibrated to offset the difference? I typically only game on one monitor and use the others for multi tasking.

Two years ago, I did something very similar to what you are considering. I purchased two Dell 3007-WFP-HC's on ebay to add to a single one I already had.

In fact, the computer I am typing this on right now is running my original 3007 purchased in early 2008.

My situation is a little different in yours in that my original monitor is an "HC". I have never personally seen an original non-HC.

I can say that all 3 monitors despite being the same model vary wildly in brightness and color. The original one has a yellow hue I'd have never noticed if not next to the other two. One of them is a lot brighter than the others. One of them occasionally flickers when powered on if it has not been on in a few days.

Although I can't answer your original question, I can say that it would be reasonable to expect colors/brightness not to match anyway given the age of the monitors and the conditions they may have been operated in - even if they are all the same model.

Ultimately, I sold two of them to a coworker and tried newer monitors for my primary workstation for about the same dollar amount and have found alternatives that I do like better.

P.S.

There are no device menus or calibrations besides brightness on the HC. You can try using Windows color calibration but I am unsure if that is available per-monitor.

At the moment, I am only running single monitor so I can't check that for you.

I know that they'll vary because of panel and age. I use 3 2407wfp the original I got had a yellow hue. The ones I got years later were brighter as well. But it was easy to for me to get those close because those had color and brightness settings I could manipulate to get them to be close.

I know the 3007wfp has no calibration and on top of that with the difference in color gamut. I was curious if anyone had any experience with both version and if they were able to get them to appear the same.

If you had AMD card you could correct gamut of both monitors to sRGB thus make this combination work. With NV you are out of luck.

You do not want wide-gamut monitor without ability to make it sRGB and as far as I remember those models do not have any sRGB mode themselves.

If you had AMD card you could correct gamut of both monitors to sRGB thus make this combination work. With NV you are out of luck.

You do not want wide-gamut monitor without ability to make it sRGB and as far as I remember those models do not have any sRGB mode themselves.

Good to know, I could just put in a AMD GPU for those particular monitor and see how that works out when the time comes.

Back