3007WFP vs. Sony G400 (CRT) shots

DusanV

Limp Gawd
Got my 3007WFP and being the obsessive maniac that I am, I started taking lag shots immediately. Some show no lag at all:
0ms-1.jpg

0ms-2.jpg

And these two are the worst ones from about fifty shots (21 ms & 24 ms):
21ms.jpg

24ms.jpg

The monitor has no perceptible lag to me (I thought 2405FPW was lagging just as soon as I got it) so I guess my lag threshold is between 24 ms and 32 ms (32 ms was the minimum 2405 lag). I can see some blur in fast paced games (UT & UT2K4) but it's completely bearable. It's not a big deal for a monitor this size. No dead pixels (w00t!) and the backlight isn't annoying unlike the 2405. Also, the viewing angles are way better than the 2405. Overall, a really nice and sharp monitor. I do have a nasty backlight bleed in the lower left corner but I'm not going to push my luck by trying another one:
BacklightBleed.jpg

Monitor revision is A01. I have an ATI x1600 Pro AGP and it has no problems driving this beast in XP or Linux.

Thanks for testing! Not that bad^^

But why does a monitor lag?
And why not all the time?
thx...

It's lagging all the time but the camera isn't catching it every time because the shots are 1/100 - 1/250 sec long. All LCDs lag it seems and this one is bearable (I'm not sure whether I can feel it actually whereas 2405 was painfully obvious). I am sure real gaming LCDs will be better than 3007 but this isn't meant to be a hardcore gaming LCD anyway.

I guess it is due to long exposure of taking picture. It should not look as horrible as the picture shows.

I play CS daily since beta 3 and the only thing that is bothersome to me about the 3007 is the size. Had to turn up my sensitivity and it will take me some time to get use to it. Thats it...

I have no dead pixels either and have little to no backlight bleed. Slight in the upper rleft, right below the corner. Out of the last 5 LCD mpnitors I have owned...this one is the best.

UnrealCpu said:
The backlight bleed is horrible, not worth my 2 cents for the 3007
Yes, the long exposure does make it look worse than it is. The only two visible bleeds are in the lower left corner. I am not sure whether to push my luck by exchanging it for another. Mine is made in China. Anyone else have backlight issues with the 3007?

Mine has the one on the left side. It is barely noticable when watching movie and not noticable during normal use. Comparing with my Sony SDM-P234, it is way better. I think the Sony is as bad as Dell 2005.

Hi,

What did you use to run that clock/timer thing?

This will be useful in proving to mates that the 2405 has lag!

Woot, thats awesome. I can't wait.

My 2405 is being upgraded to a 3007 this week :cool:

The Real Zardoz said:
Hi,

What did you use to run that clock/timer thing?

This will be useful in proving to mates that the 2405 has lag!

I did it already. See here.

The stopwatch I used is called Virtual Stopwatch Pro.

EDIT: If you google for it you'll find plenty other people who documented the lag of the 2405.

DusanV said:
I did it already. See here.

The stopwatch I used is called Virtual Stopwatch Pro.

EDIT: If you google for it you'll find plenty other people who documented the lag of the 2405.

Thanks.

I know the 2405 has lag - I sent mine back for that problem! But other people seem to think it's all in my head... I documented it myself using a DV camera and stepping through the frames.

DusanV said:
The only two visible bleeds are in the lower left corner. I am not sure whether to push my luck by exchanging it for another.

I pushed my luck. Three times. The fourth one was flawless :) The first three had other problems though, besides the backlight...

offtone said:
I pushed my luck. Three times. The fourth one was flawless :) The first three had other problems though, besides the backlight...
Geez! What kind of problems? Reading this forum I got the impression the 3007 was pretty good...

My 3007 box said "Made in Hungary" and looks and works perfect :) Did not know that they got built in Hungary :confused:

offtone said:
OK, I had it replaced. New one came in today. No backlight issues what so ever...

Back