• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3007WFP-HC 1350$

Wow.

sooo....clooose....to clicking...purchase button..............


Anyone know if any coupons stack on this?
And is this still the same S-IPS panel that the old Dell 3007 was using? (just wanna make sure they didn't pull a PVA switcheroo)
 
The 2707 is still 1299 though...lol! Who the hell would get the 2707 when for 50 bucks more you can pick up the 30". :confused:
 
If only they'd add more inputs. On my 2407 I have my workstation hooked up DVI, my secondary PC hooked up VGA and then my cable box running through component. 1 input just kills it...
 
The 2707 is still 1299 though...lol! Who the hell would get the 2707 when for 50 bucks more you can pick up the 30". :confused:



correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you need a graphics card with dual DVI link capabilities
to operate the 3007 ? if so, the cost of those rare cards makes the price difference greater.
 
I see that doesn't include "CompleteCare Accidental Damage Svc, Adv Xchg", which is another $99 bringing the total to $1448, so I don't feel too bad yet about my $1431 purchase that included that. :) And I've already made good use of it.

Mindoculus, no, you don't need a dual-link DVI but it is required to run above 1280x800 (so you basically need it). And no, those cards are not rare and not necessarily expensive. The Geforce 7300 supports it for $70, and video cards don't get much cheaper than that (unless you're building an ultra-budget system and don't care about performance, in which you wouldn't be getting a 30" anyway).
 
The 2707 is still 1299 though...lol! Who the hell would get the 2707 when for 50 bucks more you can pick up the 30". :confused:

Someone who wants the new design of the bezel on the 27"..

I agree I would rather have the 3007.. I just wish that they designed them with an aluminum bezel as well, I'm not a big fan of plastic.. cheap plastic is one of the contributing factors to backlight leakage.. and its not like a couple pieces of thin aluminum would offset their already extremely large profit margins.
 
Someone who wants the new design of the bezel on the 27"..

I agree I would rather have the 3007.. I just wish that they designed them with an aluminum bezel as well, I'm not a big fan of plastic.. cheap plastic is one of the contributing factors to backlight leakage.. and its not like a couple pieces of thin aluminum would offset their already extremely large profit margins.

Yeah, I gotta admit I do like the aluminum look of the 2707. I would proabably even pay a little extra for that too. But as it stands right now, I think if that's the main reason this thing like $300 - $400 more than it should be, its a pretty expensive perk. I could get a second monitor 2007wfp for that kind of cash increase and I think that would take people attention away from the stand even more :)

I guess the extra inputs and all add a few bucks to the price of the 2707 but it still seems WAY too high :(
 
correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you need a graphics card with dual DVI link capabilities
to operate the 3007 ? if so, the cost of those rare cards makes the price difference greater.

I don't think they're particularly rare. Most new video cards are dual-link capable. It would only be a problem if you didn't already have one. I would say that most people looking to purchase a 30" monitor are also likely to have a decent video card.
 
Wow.

sooo....clooose....to clicking...purchase button..............


Anyone know if any coupons stack on this?
And is this still the same S-IPS panel that the old Dell 3007 was using? (just wanna make sure they didn't pull a PVA switcheroo)


Its not the same S-IPS panel... in my opinion it is a lot better. The old LG panel was the same as the Mac 30" display. This is a newer LG panel used so far by Dell and HP on their latest 30" display. The old one was 72% of the NTSC color gamut, while the new one (HC) is 92%... which is huge if you do photo work. The new is also 1000:1 contrast vs. 700:1 and has faster refresh rate. The only thing that went down is that the max brightness is lower on the new, however its still way brighter than anyone would ever realistically want to go to. Most people, especially if calibrating the display, have turned them way down from max. The bottom line is its a much better panel than the old one, and to my knowledge I've NEVER heard of any vendor doing the panel lottery on their high-end displays... its just been on the botton-end that they've done that.
 
Yeah, I gotta admit I do like the aluminum look of the 2707. I would proabably even pay a little extra for that too. But as it stands right now, I think if that's the main reason this thing like $300 - $400 more than it should be, its a pretty expensive perk. I could get a second monitor 2007wfp for that kind of cash increase and I think that would take people attention away from the stand even more :)

I guess the extra inputs and all add a few bucks to the price of the 2707 but it still seems WAY too high :(

I agree.. I was thinking of getting a 2407/2707/3007 but I'm trying to find ways to use my computer skills to make the money to justify it.. but my plan was to get the E228 as a secondary.. its around the same price as the 2007 and its larger.. simply more real estate at a reasonable resolution.. I mean its not going to be quite as sharp for the size but.. its a secondary monitor :) id prefer the size since the ultra quality is really only needed for the main monitor :-p
 
Back
Top