3007WFP and updated GPU, can't get native resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanCL

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently upgraded from one rig into another, but didnt have a GPU upgrade. So my new 3930k rig started with my old 280GTX. Last week, I finally upgraded to a Asus 6950HD DirectCU II. Then yesterday, I picked up a used 3007WFP for a good price. The owner gave me a single link DVI cord by accident.

Anyway, I have a spare dual link DVI cable, and I hooked up the new monitor but all I would get was 1280x800. I did a bunch of reading and saw this was an issue people often have when they don't have a dual link DVI cable, or improper drivers.

I removed all the Nvidia drivers, installed the proper 3007WFP driver, checked to make sure the ATI drivers were up to date. Nothing worked. I tried using the other DVI port on the 6950 because I believe only one of those are dual-link.

On a whim I put the GTX280 back in and without installing the drivers I got 1600x1200. After in the install for the GTX280 drivers I am getting 2560x1600 so I know the cable is good.

Any ideas? Obviously I'd prefer to get this fixed and be running the 6950...

Turns out the 6950HD DCUII has a switch different than all other 6950s. The one on the Asus switches to activate another display port by halving the bandwidth of the DVI link.

Flipped the switch the other way and I'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back