• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3000+ Venice OC trouble

acphydro

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
192
I've got a Soltek SL-K890Pro motherboard with 512x2 Geil Value Ram rated for PC3200. An Enermax 485W PSU and a Radeon x800Pro, very satisfied with the system because I came from an athlonxp 2000+ and geforce4 ti4400, however I can't get more than 200mhz or so out of this Venice. I used eclipse' guide and when I find my max HTT out for my board I get 280mhz until a hard restart is performed then it wont POST and reverts to 200mhz default. CPU makes it to 2550mhz easily and posts fine. That was with my memory running at 230 or so mhz. It just wont post after a hard reboot. I've tried lowering HT Link mulitplier, used 2x and 3x, also using memory speed of 166mhz which I believe to be 5:6. and its running at 207mhz when I do so but it just wont perform a hard reboot without failing. It's within my memory's max, my HTT max and cpu max. Is it a voltage issue or a memory timing issue or does my board just suck for oc'ing? I'm just trying to reach 2.2ghz thats all.

Right now im at 222/223mhz FSB giving me 2006mhz total. Everything else default. If I give my memory a little more voltage is it possible I could hit 244mhz FSB? Should I try that and if it fails relax the timing a little from their defaults? I'm not sure to do...first encounter with an AMD64 system.

-hydro
 
i would bump the voltage first, see if it helps (are u OCing just using stock voltage?) then if that doesn't work, then loosen the timings a bit and/or up the voltage of the memory as well
 
I've bumped the voltage up from 1.344 [default] to 1.3744 and it made no difference at all. [cpu voltage]

Also my memory voltage is whatever default is...should i just jump up one selection? How do I tell if my memory is too hot/overheating? @200mhz timings from manufacturer are 2.5-4-4-8 and @166mhz timings are 2-3-3-7. What number should I try changing first?

Yes I've been using stock memory voltage, been playing around with cpu voltage and closely monitoring its temp. Also in my BIOS I have this setting called HT Link and its settings are Auto, 1ghz, 800mhz, 600mhz, 400mhz, 200mhz...whats this got to do with overclocking anything?
 
Back
Top