$3000 to spent need help building gaming PC

Looks good man, quite an upgrade :p

Too bad those poor 5870's are smashed together so tightly though, can't imagine the top one gets that much cool air...

it would've been nice to have at least extra inch of space between but oh well its still ok

Looks like you were able to put in 2 dualslot video cards on the x58a-ud3r?

I read that you could only do this with single slot cards.

"I suppose that the X58A-UD3R supports every SLI and CrossfireX configuration known to man. The top two slots run at x16, and the lower two run at x8. Before anyone starts complaining, most configurations I have seen have all three extra slots running at x8. You must use cards with single-slot cooling to get some dual x16 goodness, which rules out most really nice cards, and every gaming card I own."

From http://www.thinkcomputers.org/gigabyte-x58a-ud3r-intel-x58-lga-1366-motherboard-review/3/

I guess they didn't test it right.
I am able to run two 5870 in Crossfire at x16 on each slot.
runs fine

That system is a thing of beauty. I know if I had that thing, the next thing on my list would be a Eyefinity setup. How are the temps for your cards under heavy usage? Things might be getting mighty toasty in there.

the case is wonderful in terms of keeping the stuff inside relatively cool.
I dont have any crashes at all playing all the games I have the latest is BFBC2 and
just bought Crysys today, old games like Red Orchestra and Total war run fine.

I dont know how to monitor temp on video cards but I use realtemp for CPU and w/Corsair water cooled its around 67C when playing games 34C idle. and I am at 4Ghz on my i920

Have no idea how to test Graphic cards temp?

Back