3000 Series max clocks

Kajun614

Limp Gawd
Watched this video and found it interesting.
Thought I would share. Screenshot of the clocks for quick ref. but he did have 10 cpu's to work with
Ktk0hlG.jpg

Video ->>

Thoughts?
so now im torn. 3800x is where im leaning
as a side note saw Microcenter had lowered I9-9900k to $439

the boost clock thing was a bios problem and only really effected single threaded workloads.. most of the board manufactures have already fixed it. GN's review didn't have that issue since they updated the bios from N11 to F5C right before they did the review with their gigabyte board and then retested some stuff with the F5E bios i think it was which further fixed the problem for single threaded boosts. so while i appreciate all the stuff Derbauer does this one i think he might of jumped the gun and probably already had the video made before most the bios updates had gone out even before launch.

derbauer wasnt even using the correct BIOS/agesa that AMD supplied to reviewers. What ever BIOS he was using was probably from the board partner, and they were like "HERE TRY THIS" No guarantee of anything there.

Reactions: Link
like this
Yep, Gamers Nexus covered this and it was a BIOS issue. Checking ASUS' site for my board and they have 4 bios updates with the latest being a beta just in the last few days. I have a feeling us early adopters will be doing quite a bit of BIOS updating in the first few months of ownership. Comes with the territory I suppose.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Back