3000+,3200+ or 3500+

Vulcanworlds

Limp Gawd
ok so that's basically it. im still unsure of what cpu to get 3000+,3200+ or 3500+. i would like a 3500+ but if i drop down to the 3200+ i could use that money.(30 bucks) for something else(xp-90 or towards other stuff) if i go all the way down to the 3000+ it will save around 75 bucks but it does seem like a pretty big change(to me at least) 400mhz

so i will be using the DFI NDAG s939 board. that or the chaintech vnf4/ultra board. both seem like great boards and i still havent decided.

for ram im keeping it cheap around the 90 dollar max range. (2x512mb) so it will probably be value ram.

i will probably be on the stock heatsink for a while and maybe go to the xp-90 later on. which do you think will be the best for me? im really thinking the 3200+ and oc to like 2.4 or 2.5 hopefully.

Vulcanworlds said:
ok so that's basically it. im still unsure of what cpu to get 3000+,3200+ or 3500+. i would like a 3500+ but if i drop down to the 3200+ i could use that money.(30 bucks) for something else(xp-90 or towards other stuff) if i go all the way down to the 3000+ it will save around 75 bucks but it does seem like a pretty big change(to me at least) 400mhz

so i will be using the DFI NDAG s939 board. that or the chaintech vnf4/ultra board. both seem like great boards and i still havent decided.

for ram im keeping it cheap around the 90 dollar max range. (2x512mb) so it will probably be value ram.

i will probably be on the stock heatsink for a while and maybe go to the xp-90 later on. which do you think will be the best for me? im really thinking the 3200+ and oc to like 2.4 or 2.5 hopefully.
if you plan on overclocking just get the 3000+, got mine running 2.8ghz on stock cooling, can only imagine what it could do with an xp-90c, or with the water block i want...

qbackin said:
omg :rolleyes:
Buy a 3000+ Venice and OC past that for about $50 less....brand new.
yup! it works. mine running 3500+ speeds. could do more if i cared.

well, definitely shop around. If you look at the [H]otdeals forum, you will see that eWiz.com is selling 3200+ Venice's for $135 or so. I'm sure that's a lot less than you were expecting to pay. So jump on it!

ooooo that is very tempting the ewiz.com deal. but see im a person who is very cautious and hell i really like the whole warranty thing. bc i'd be afraid of f-ing something up. but i bet if i got a nice xp-90 and didnt oc like mad or to a very stable rate and left it like that. i'd be fine.

I've got my 3000+ winchester running at 2.2 and it idles under 40c, so it should have no problem with a moderate OC with an xp90 or a zalman 7000cu.

don't worry. You won't have a problem with a moderate OC even with stock cooling. Course, the ewiz.com deal is for an OEM proc, so you'll need to buy a heatsink yourself. Try this:
http://www.jab-tech.com/catalog/Thermalright_XP90__OEM_p_2921.html
Add a panaflo fan and arctic silver ceramique. It will be about $39. Otherwise go to www.svc.com and buy a normal heatsink. I got one from them for $8 shipped, and it's a thermalright (about equivilent to stock I guess).

I bought a cpu from ewiz myself. They're pretty good.

Anyway, what I was saying about the OC. As long as you don't increase your CPU voltage you won't be able to fry your CPU. Just take it slow and find out what doesn't give you errors. W/ a 3200+, 2.4 ghz should be no problem w/ stock cooling and stock voltage. EVERYONE who gets a Venice can reach those speeds easily. So you aren't alone.

Well I doo not know why but most of a people oversee one of a best deeels single core AMD CPU's.

It's a 3700+ San Diego. It's a FX incognito. 1 MB cache costs just bit more then 3500+ Venice and less then 3800+ Venice. It OC good. Friend have had 2,8 GHz AMD cooler , 2,9 with X90cu and 3+ WC-ed.

Although it has a clock of a 3500+ Venice it's L2 makes it much stronger preformer. I gues noone could see difference between stock 3800+ and 3700+ on stock speed.

Wana go cheep? Go with Venice 3000+. OC it if needed

MD

i might have to disagree with you on that one MD. Opteron 144. 1.8ghz, 1mb cache. i got mine specially shipped in retail package for $150. much better than a venice if you ask me :cool:

AMD and their proliferation of models...o_O

Still kinda eyeing a nekkid X2 3800.

haha.. yeah seriously. we just need some cheaper dual cores and we'll be set

(cf)Eclipse said:
i might have to disagree with you on that one MD. Opteron 144. 1.8ghz, 1mb cache. i got mine specially shipped in retail package for $150. much better than a venice if you ask me :cool:

elaborate!, I know nothing of opterons, what socket is it?

Back