$300 GTX 1080..... NOPE!!!

McCHillin

Limp Gawd
So i got exited for a minute....
upload_2017-11-6_14-28-51.png

Then i saw the shipping cost....
Faith in humanity lost

Original link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-GeForc...406883&hash=item2a94874bfc:g:rXgAAOSwdSRZ~-Bd

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
$200 shipping. I wouldn't do business with this guy. And no returns.

I'm not even sure the point of high shipping costs would be other than for the click bait. It used to be common to list the shipping charges very high because ebay/paypal didn't take a cut of your shipping charges... Now they take the same as your final value fee (10%).

I tried looking for a way to report the listing for excessive shipping costs, but I cannot find it. I thought they used to have a way to report that years ago. Maybe they got rid of it once they started taking the fee from the total+shipping.
The closest I could come up with is "Listing Practices" --> "Search and Browse Manipulation" --> "Other Search and Browse Manipulation". And then hopefully get a text box where you can put "Below cost item + excessive shipping costs".

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
if you want to sell your 980 ti classified (like you upgraded) i'm looking for one.

I've got the original box with all the goodies inside (like the wall poster)...only the GPU itself has ever seen any use. Let me do some thinking on this...

Only way to avoid this crap is to sort by price plus shipping (lowest first) but yes, in general, the forums here are the best place :D

I tried looking for a way to report the listing for excessive shipping costs, but I cannot find it. I thought they used to have a way to report that years ago. Maybe they got rid of it once they started taking the fee from the total+shipping.
The closest I could come up with is "Listing Practices" --> "Search and Browse Manipulation" --> "Other Search and Browse Manipulation". And then hopefully get a text box where you can put "Below cost item + excessive shipping costs".
It was reportable for years. If they are taking a cut of shipping costs now, they don't care. I think I'll never be using ebay again.

Anyone that still pulls this shit on eBay is an idiot. It doesn't fool anyone. When a bidder/buyer checks out now it shows quite clearly what the actual cost including 'shipping' is. Further, the only reason sellers used to do this was to avoid paying fees as eBay used to only give a final value fee on the sale price excluding shipping. Because enough of these assholes abused adding too high of a shipping price fucking eBay now includes the total value including shipping in the final value fee.

There is basically no reason to do this anymore on eBay, and it's pretty mind blowing that folks still do it anyways.

Back