• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

30" ?

LG makes IPS, who will be the first manufacturer to use their panel? No one can answer this, but they will definitely boast superior performance to any 30" display now.
 
That display is 5 years+ old. 30" performance has remained almost the same since 2007 and all 30" displays use a very grainy matte coating. If you want something good you have to get a 27" 2560x1440 display or wait until next year.
 
Last edited:
The HP ZR30W and Dell u3011 are excellent monitors. While I'm not a fan of the lag, the quality of games at that resolution is amazing.
 
The HP ZR30W and Dell u3011 are excellent monitors. While I'm not a fan of the lag, the quality of games at that resolution is amazing.

I haven't noticed any lag. I <3 my U3011, for gaming, coding, photos, music production. Pretty much everything, it can do.
 
Mine arrived yesterday. Hope to have it hooked up tonight. After I do, I'll post some subjective results.


I've only had a short time to use the monitor, but I'll give my initial impressions. First let me start off by saying that I currently have a Crossover 27Q-P, which I love. I was hoping that the 30Q5 would simply be more of the same. However, it's screen has an AG coating, unlike the 27Q, which has none. It's not as aggressive as what I've seen on the Dell of HP IPS panels. But I still prefer glossy. I have a controlled light environment and the gloss displays have more vibrant colors. (To my eyes.) The color tone is warmer/yellower than my 27Q. This could be in part to the CCFL lighting vs LED. I've ordered an X-RITE ColorMunki to see if this will help. It's a well built unit & pivots nicely. I got mine on ebay for $549 delivered.
 
My 3008WFP is getting a bit long in the tooth (Feb 2009), but nothing has shown up in the 30" category that's anything more than a minor improvement. I hope the next 30" Dell U3013 is an LED. If so, I'll probably upgrade to it. I'm also considering going with two 27" 2560x1440 LEDs.

As for gaming, it's been great on my 3008. I've never noticed any lag, though others claim the lag is excruciating.
 
The HP ZR30W and Dell u3011 , are great , however if you don't like alot of input lag that might be a problem for you.
 
Back
Top