30% Staff Cut From MySpace

HardOCP News

[H] News
It seems that MySpace isn’t doing so well lately, the company is cutting 30% of its workforce in the United States. No word on how many jobs will be cut overseas.

The cuts will leave the social-networking site with about 1,000 employees in the U.S. MySpace declined to say whether it is also cutting back its international operations, in which the company has invested heavily in recent years. Facebook says it employs more than 850 people world-wide.

They should keep it simple. Remove all the random crap that people can paste on your page, and their own page.

MySpace Music needs some re-working. There is absolutely no reason for me to visit the My Space page of a band anymore. Snippets of songs, cluttered front page, taking years to scroll down to find some actual content. I will simple pull up their actual, official page in one tab, and YouTube to get the full song and music video in another tab.

end rant

Last year I was in the interview process to be an I.T. Manager at Fox Interactive Media. MySpace is under their umbrella. Apparently their entire I.T. department started as MySpace's I.T. and then grew to support other FIM companies. Things were going like gangbusters at the time and they were moving MySpace into a new facility. I remember thinking "How long can this last before the bubble bursts?"

Now I know.

i go onto myspace to look at an artist page. other than that i just use facebook.

I prefer myspace over facebook for the ability to craft my own page without having to build my own social network system around it. It definitely helped me reach people who were out of touch.

Facebook - meh. It seems so bland.

the only time I ever touched myspace was to look for high school friends

I bet this is "Because of Obama...................."

j/k. I can't see them growing anymore than where they are now. All the cools kids are going somewhere else. Where the cools kids go, the followers follow.They (Myspace) are now a fad.

I prefer myspace over facebook for the ability to craft my own page without having to build my own social network system around it. It definitely helped me reach people who were out of touch.

Facebook - meh. It seems so bland.

The fact that facebook is more bland is the reason that I like it more than MySpace. I hadn't ever used Facebook but I signed up for it here a little while back when some friends asked me if I had it and I think I may end up just deleting my MySpace account before long. To me it's actually a pain to have to create MySpace layouts and then add music and everything else so that your page doesn't look dull compared to everyone else. Then after a while you have to change it again to something new.

For a social networking site I prefer to just log on and read my messages, look at new pics people put up and leave a comment or two and be done. I don't need to look at pretty layouts. If I want to design a website page I'll do it somewhere other than MySpace.

I can't wait for the day myspace becomes defunct. That place is a shit-hole of ADD/Japanese siezure pages filled with 12 - 16 year old angst filled morons or the 50 year old pedo looking to score with a 12 - 16 year old angst filled moron. I'm just saying.

I can't wait for the day myspace becomes defunct. That place is a shit-hole of ADD/Japanese siezure pages filled with 12 - 16 year old angst filled morons or the 50 year old pedo looking to score with a 12 - 16 year old angst filled moron. I'm just saying.

That is basicly what i always tell people. Myspace is mainly for 12-15 year olds wanting to have sex with 50+ year olds, and 50+ year olds wanting to have sex with 12-15 year olds.

That is basicly what i always tell people. Myspace is mainly for 12-15 year olds wanting to have sex with 50+ year olds, and 50+ year olds wanting to have sex with 12-15 year olds.

See. great minds think alike.

Yea! others that think Myspace = Japanese seizure pages!!

Myspace is like a website from the 90s.... too much flashy bling bling. Also, the site just sucks on all levels. I agree that facebook is bland, but it's better that way.

I seriously didn't think they would even have that much employees. Myspace is just as unnecessary as many of these similar "social-networking sites". I'm always surprised how much crap a page or profile can be filled with.

Myspace? Who cares about myspace? Every company I know is downsizing. My company laid off over 2/3 of our staff. So whats so special about myspace?

Back