• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

30" Sony HDTV ?

Molingrad

Gawd
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
706
I recently asked about a $1000 RCA but thought about it and found its a little out of my price range. I was taking a look at HD CRTs and I found a 30" widescreen Sony. What do you guys think ?

linkage
 
I own that sony tv. Its great....very heavy though. It has a HDMI input as well as several other inputs (7 total). Any other specific questions I'll be glad to answer. I have my HDTV DVR cable box hooked up to the HDMI input.....not sure if you can hook a computer up to that though.

I have a thread open about a xbox 360 i just got....i have some screen shots and video of the sony 30" in action
 
Usually you can get an HDMI to DVI cable and hook a compuer up to any display that has an HDMI port. There may be some cases where this may not work thouhg (I have never tryed it on a CRT).
 
From past history, I would not buy Sony's lowest of the line model. They usually are not good as a comprably priced TV from another brand. Their XS and XBR lines are supposed to be great though but they are expensive.
 
The 30" comes in a XS flavor as well (30XS955 model) but seems hard to locate ,no one in town here sells it but I suppose you could order it online. I prefer buying tv's in town just in case something is wrong I can exchange it.

There also this list of ratings from consumer reports , they rated the 30HS420 model #1.
 
Back
Top