30% OFF Closeout Sale

SoRnMaN

Gawd
Motherboards.com is going out of business after 5+ years and has been clearing out its inventory. Most of the middle range items are sold, but there are still many things in stock. Some are really hot deals, and some are just decent. Anyways, check out these:

Seagate 36GB Cheetah - $126.70 ($189.00 at Newegg)
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe - $181.30 ($239.00 at Newegg)

There are quite a few motherboards in stock, and their regular price is usually right at Newegg's price. So 30% off that can be a pretty good deal.

Anyways, the stock is limited to a first come, first serve deal, so just take a look and see if you can find something you are interested in.

http://closeout.motherboards.com/

Yes, I currently work there as a programmer, but some of the items can be picked up for a really great price. Just figured I would let ya'll know as we just moved from 20%, and 25% off to 30% off.

Good old 100 dollar shipping to Canada. SOLD! (and by sold, I mean I'm going to watch some of the Cosby show instead)

It looks like there are a few deals to be had there. For one I noticed the Antec Truepower 380 Watt is 50 dollars after discount.

However shipping really seems to be a bear. Similar to Tigerdirect's shipping prices.

edit: Aw man. Can't believe I missed this the first time.
Now you can roll out [H]ard like those gangstas on MTV music videos. Nothing like the latest tech.

Some pretty good deals in there. You can get an Antec 550W Trucontrol for $91 shipped. Had to resist in not buying one.

Just picked up a new AV8 Motherboard for $83. Thanks. :D

:Edit: Just got the email for my order and it says looks like they charged me full price.
:Gonna give them a call in a minute to see whats up..

Called them up, cleared it up. ;)

-Hooch

I was looking at that motherboard too, but they have really high prices, no wonder they're going out of business....

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Audio/GB-LAN/IEEE/USB/PCI-E/SATA/DDR/ATX 64 939

Quantity in Basket: none
Code: 110257
Price: $179.00
Shipping Weight: 3.00 pounds
FREE SHIPPING

QM
monarch is way cheaper....

quasimodem said:
I was looking at that motherboard too, but they have really high prices, no wonder they're going out of business...

I guess you could say the same about Monarch depending on which items you pick.

Abit AV8
Motherboards.com - $83.30
MonarchComputers.com - $115.00
Newegg - $110.00

As I said, most of our motherboard prices (before discount) are pretty close to Newegg's. As for pricing, some are good deals, some are decent, and some are just old inventory that needs to go.

And as for the going out of business, that is due to a legal problem the owner got into on a totally different subject.

Hoochkin said:
Just picked up a new AV8 Motherboard for $83. Thanks. :D

Edit: Just got the email for my order and it says looks like they charged me full price. Gonna give them a call in a minute to see whats up..

-Hooch

Yes, sorry, the email confirmation system still lists regular price. Take the subtotal there and multiply it by .7 and then add tax/shipping, and that should be the correct price.

damn if that 36gig scsi drive was 15k i'd be all over it.. too bad.

and no i'm not spending 400 for a 74 gig drive, even though that is a good price, thats just too much money for me to spend.

RawsonDR said:
It looks like there are a few deals to be had there. For one I noticed the Antec Truepower 380 Watt is 50 dollars after discount.

However shipping really seems to be a bear. Similar to Tigerdirect's shipping prices.

Yes, not the cheapest shipping prices, but it is about $10-15 on an average order.

RawsonDR said:
edit: Aw man. Can't believe I missed this the first time.
Now you can roll out [H]ard like those gangstas on MTV music videos. Nothing like the latest tech.

Heh, don't even ask me about those. Something the owner must have got a good deal on several years ago, or at least thought he did, heh. They have been sitting around since I started here over 2.5 years ago. We have several things around kind of like that. Have 50-100 blowguns that he got, but can't really sell on the web due to the legal problems he could get into.

Okay, called them back about the email, said it was the email error mentioned above, couldn't be happier :)

blah I had second thoughts and was going to get the antec 550w, but I just realized the company is in Texas so I have to pay sales tax. Damnit! Oh well.

if you want that 380 OEM for $40 you can try
endpcnoise.com

in their 'surplus' section

sKiDmArK said:
Some pretty good deals in there. You can get an Antec 550W Trucontrol for $91 shipped. Had to resist in not buying one.
I couldn't. I hope my fiance doesn't find out. :D

Could it possibly be the reason why they are going out of business is that they have no idea what the prices for things really are?

30% off of an a8n-sli deluxe and they still come up with $181.30 ? When page computer has it SHIPPED for 185.33?

and

http://www.lacc.com/product.asp?pf_id=ST136403LC

the cheetah is here for $87.30

(it's the cheapest place I could find that didn't say the drive was a "pull")

Floppy drives : $15 ($7 at newegg)

Msi Neo platinum : $157 there : $99.99 zipzoomfly

Sornman is about to lose his job and all you can do is bash his company for shitty pricing and shipping? Take a look at the P4 LGA chips. A 3.2GHz is 190, shipped. Cheapest I could find on pricewatch was 202, shipped.

Thx for the heads up sornman. I am definitely sad to see mobo.com go. I remember their adds in Computer Shopper waaaaayyyyyy back in the day. Good luck finding other employment!!!

joecool234 said:
Sornman is about to lose his job and all you can do is bash his company for shitty pricing and shipping? Take a look at the P4 LGA chips. A 3.2GHz is 190, shipped. Cheapest I could find on pricewatch was 202, shipped.

Thx for the heads up sornman. I am definitely sad to see mobo.com go. I remember their adds in Computer Shopper waaaaayyyyyy back in the day. Good luck finding other employment!!!

This post suddenly turns to "pity on sornman?" -- Yeah, I feel bad for him.

But.. his company I don't feel bad for

and joecool234 $202 - 30% is not $190.. it's $141.40

Maybe the reason they are going out of business, as I said, was because they CHARGE WAY TOO MUCH FOR THEIR PRODUCTS and nobody BUYS from them.

For the 30% off to be valid, that would mean their NORMAL price is around $275 for that processor.. - No wonder they are going out of business.. Who would buy a processor for $275 from them, when it can be bought, ELSEWHERE (like newegg) for MUCH less.

But.. Yeah, sornman - I'm sorry you're going to be unemployed.

But, i didn't think this thread was about his employment status.. I thought this thread was about the 'HOT DEALS' (looks at top of forum .. yeah, it says [h]otdeals) -- Not [c]olddeals.

joecool234 said:

Dude computer shopper was the shit back in the day. I use to look at that thing all the time.

Some of their prices are high, but the lawsuit is what's closing them down, not a failure of business. Just google the suit.

Good luck finding a job dude.

Laforge said:
joecool234 $202 - 30% is not $190.. it's $141.40

Dude, you're an asshole. Next time you want to question my math, why don't you double check your figures. The 190 was with the 30% applied, and shipped. This is 10% less than any other competitor listed on pricewatch. It's also 20% less than newegg. I would definitely consider this [H]ot.

BTW, computer shopper was definitely the shit. Where else could you get a 300 page MAGAZINE for $5?

joecool234 said:
Next time you want to question my math, why don't you double check your figures. The 190 was with the 30% applied, and shipped. This is 10% less than any other competitor listed on pricewatch. It's also 20% less than newegg. I would definitely consider this [H]ot.

Right, so, 190 was after 30% applied. : Lets do some math here, then..

joecool234 said:
Cheapest I could find on pricewatch was 202, shipped.
You said the processor is $202

202 -> 190 does NOT equal 10% discount [which you said it is]
It equals just under a 6% discount. - (which is a lot less than 30%)

6% < 10%

202 * 0.94 = 189.88

For informations sake.. their "normal price" is $258.00 Again, this is the reason I say their prices are high. Also, this is *NOT* a retail processor, it's an OEM
which is only $215 @ newegg

190 / 215 = 88% of original price = thus, 12% off.. (not 30%)
The RETAIL p4 3.2 @ newegg is 219 shipped,

190 / 219 = 86.7% of original price = 13.3% off.(again, not 30%) and not 20% like you said.

13.3% < 20%

Still nowhere near 30%

Check *your* figures.

For $190 to be 30% off... the price would have had to be around $270-275.

This "clearance sale" is for just under 6% less than what I can buy it for from a company that is NOT going out of business, not being sued. - I think I'd rather take my chances buying this processor for only $12 more (6.3%) and be able to buy it from a company that's going to be around next month.

Lets forget about them going out of business for a minute, and their "30% off sale"

Here's what they were normally doing .....

Where would you prefer to buy your P4 3.2 from ?
Motherboards.com for $258 + 9.16 shipping ($267.16) - OEM
or
Newegg.com for $215 + 99cent shipping ($3.01 more for a retail version with a 3 year warranty, heatsink, and fan)

Now..

again, as I said..

after their "30% discount" you've got an oem processor from a company that is GOING OUT OF BUSINESS, all sales final [remember, oem processors don't have warranties from intel] for $189.76 shipped or an oem processor for $202 shipped from a company that *isn't* going out of business, and if it arrives doa, you can send it back to.

again.. you are looking at a 6% savings, not 30%

Personally, I'd rather buy the retail box processor for $219 shipped from newegg (again, only 13% change, not 30%) and get 3 years of warranty, a heatsink and fan (because, honestly, unless you are overclocking, the stock heatsink and fan AREN'T THAT BAD) from a company that isn't getting sued into obvlivion

If your pricewatch company had a 30% off sale you'd be at $141.40 (was my point)

If newegg had 30% off it'd be 153.30

30% off of a price that's 27.7% higher ($258/$202) than other places, isn't a great deal

Now, if they truly WERE 30% off of a 'reasonable' price (say $215->220) then i'd actually buy some.
But as I said, 30% off of 27.7% higher pricing is just not a [h]otdeal

BTW, Lets stay on topic. this is not about sornman's pending unemployment.
It's about wether or not these are hotdeals, which, at less than 10% less than I can buy it for elsewhere, I say it is not.

joecool234 said:
Dude, you're an asshole
Then, as is evidenced by this, you are a child.. What is your point? - You really didn't need to go there. I very well may be an asshole. I don't deny it. - I'm opinionated, agressive, and highly educated. - All the good makeup of a major asshole. So, You are probably right. I think most people are morons. Yep. I'm an asshole : Me and dennis leary wear our badges of honor. But I'd rather be an asshole who can do math correctly, is CORRECT, than be a sheep who can't add and is completely in the wrong.

Most of the worlds "great" men are considered assholes by many.

George W. Bush
Bill Clinton
Yassar Arafat
Tony Blair
George Washington
Donald Trump
Bill Gates
Linus Torvalds'
Steve Jobs
Michael Dell
Genghis Khan
Caesar

All these people have probably been considered as such before. But I'd much rather be compared to clinton, gates, or mike than be compared to say.. dan quayle.. [real nice guy, and a complete idiot]

The RIGHT decision (i.e. doing something that makes you an asshole) is not always the POPULAR decision. Look at our "president"

I mean, how many famous nice guys do you know. How many nice guys shaped the world. How many nice guys signed the declaration of independence.. -- They were all assholes who gave a big fat juicy middle finger to england.

If I were to hazard a guess.. I'd say, for example.. maybe 500 million people think george w. bush jr isn't an asshole. That leaves about 3 (not counting ya know, children, and people who live in tribes in zaire who have no idea who he is) billion people who would think he is... give or take a few hundred million

I think the people who didn't vote for him in the usa think he is.
I think the entire continent of europe probably thinks he is..
I'm betting most of the middle east thinks he is.

sorry, slightly off topic: 500 million is probbly too high of a number. 200-300 million is probably closer to the mark. Roughly half of the US (even non-voters, for the sake of the argument) is about 130 million. My experiences abroad can pretty well confirm that almost NOBODY in the rest of the world support him.

That said, there are some good deals at this site, and using one or two items that may be more expensive than their competitors as an example of the OVERALL prices on the site vs competitors is pretty stupid. For someone who sees themselves as RIGHT, perhaps you should take a large sample (50 or so random products from all categories), and compare all of them, then see how the vendor stacks up. Of course you'd be an idiot to buy a product that you could get cheaper elsewhere, but many people get lured in by one or two cheap products, then buy others because they don't want to shop all over the place, due to shipping, hassle, etc... Hell, even newegg does that with their front page specials.

When you can offer convincing evidence in a less biased format, maybe then we'll take you seriously.

Laforge, I agree with you that some of the original prices are extremely high and that it would be stupid to buy an OEM processor from a company thats going out of business; but I believe the point of this thread is that there are some good deals on that site after the 30% off. Like I stated before, you can get an Antec Trucontrol 550w for $91 shipped.... where its around $20+ more on other sites. It looked like there may be a couple of other things that were worth while.

Ok, yet again...time to defend myself.

That comment about Lafart being an asshole is retracted...he's just retarded.

Gee, you say you found a 3.2 P4 on the egg for $215? Hey RETARD, that's a socket 478 chip. The cheapest LGA chip on the egg is 237, like I said before, but it's out of stock.

The fact of the matter is that they are selling this chip cheaper than any other reseller out there. 6%, 10%...I bet you measure the size of your dick too. Oh, and that $202 didn't include shipping insurance...so $202 becomes $208. Now we're talking 8.6538461538461538461538461538462%.

Retailers have historically bumped their prices up during a %-off sale. Who cares? As long as the price you pay in the end is less than usual, you're getting a good deal.

Also, how many people here can honestly say they had to return a defective Intel OEM chip that was DOA? Chances are, the company will still be around before the 10-day warranty is up. You have a better chance of losing the package in shipping than it arriving DOA.

And by putting yourself in the same class as GW, proves my point. You're retarded. GW got to his position not by being opinionated/educated/assholish, but by railing lots of coke, drinking lots of booze, and being the son of a rich oil tycoon.

joecool234 said:
Ok, yet again...time to defend myself.

That comment about Lafart being an asshole is retracted...he's just retarded.

Gee, you say you found a 3.2 P4 on the egg for $215? Hey RETARD, that's a socket 478 chip. The cheapest LGA chip on the egg is 237, like I said before, but it's out of stock.

The fact of the matter is that they are selling this chip cheaper than any other reseller out there. 6%, 10%...I bet you measure the size of your dick too. Oh, and that $202 didn't include shipping insurance...so $202 becomes $208. Now we're talking 8.6538461538461538461538461538462%.

Retailers have historically bumped their prices up during a %-off sale. Who cares? As long as the price you pay in the end is less than usual, you're getting a good deal.

Also, how many people here can honestly say they had to return a defective Intel OEM chip that was DOA? Chances are, the company will still be around before the 10-day warranty is up. You have a better chance of losing the package in shipping than it arriving DOA.

And by putting yourself in the same class as GW, proves my point. You're retarded. GW got to his position not by being opinionated/educated/assholish, but by railing lots of coke, drinking lots of booze, and being the son of a rich oil tycoon.

burn

Sunborder said:
That said, there are some good deals at this site, and using one or two items that may be more expensive than their competitors as an example of the OVERALL prices on the site vs competitors is pretty stupid.

I was going by HIS example, not my choice of examples
I'll use single syllables this time, so you can understand.
Joe pick chip for 1. 9 . 0. I use chip he pick for price check.
i say his price no good.

So, for your benefit, I'll do it your way, and quote myself again.

laforge said:
http://www.lacc.com/product.asp?pf_id=ST136403LC

the cheetah is here for $87.30 (

(it's the cheapest place I could find that didn't say the drive was a "pull")

Floppy drives : $15 ($7 at newegg)

Msi Neo platinum : $157 there : $99.99 zipzoomfly

I stand behind the statement that, *even after 30% discount, MOST of their prices are NOT good." Yeah, maybe they got a cheap powersupply.. But when I looked at the stuff there I buy 20 or so a week of, *NOTHING* was a deal.

joecool234 said:
The cheapest LGA chip on the egg is 237, like I said before, but it's out of stock.

237 - 30% ($71.10) = 165.90, shipped. almost $25 less than their price..

You got me on the fact that newegg's 215 chip was s478 - I clicked on a link from pricegrabber without reading the socket type

Again.. I'm using JOECOOLS' choice of price comparisons.

HE picked out the p4 3.2.. NOT me, as proof of their "great 30% off bargain"

Laforge said:
237 - 30% ($71.10) = 165.90, shipped. almost $25 less than their price..

You got me on the fact that newegg's 215 chip was s478 - I clicked on a link from pricegrabber without reading the socket type

Again.. I'm using JOECOOLS' choice of price comparisons.

HE picked out the p4 3.2.. NOT me, as proof of their "great 30% off bargain"

yeeaaahhhh....the fact of the matter is that the chip is still $45.00 less than at newegg (shipped) AND it is in stock....are their initial prices somewhat high? that's debatable, however i think you may have lost your shorts on this one.

SoRnMaN said:
Have 50-100 blowguns that he got,

Hmmm....interesting. Any info in private would be kindly accepted.
;)

And knock off the petty crying back and forth about how great everyone is or isn't. Some people need to grow up, and fast. :rolleyes:

wow a guy with the name "Laforge" has a signature over 6 lines and writes replies that are ~50 lines in length? naww!

Sunborder said:
sorry, slightly off topic: 500 million is probbly too high of a number. 200-300 million is probably closer to the mark. Roughly half of the US (even non-voters, for the sake of the argument) is about 130 million. My experiences abroad can pretty well confirm that almost NOBODY in the rest of the world support him.

That said, there are some good deals at this site, and using one or two items that may be more expensive than their competitors as an example of the OVERALL prices on the site vs competitors is pretty stupid. For someone who sees themselves as RIGHT, perhaps you should take a large sample (50 or so random products from all categories), and compare all of them, then see how the vendor stacks up. Of course you'd be an idiot to buy a product that you could get cheaper elsewhere, but many people get lured in by one or two cheap products, then buy others because they don't want to shop all over the place, due to shipping, hassle, etc... Hell, even newegg does that with their front page specials.

When you can offer convincing evidence in a less biased format, maybe then we'll take you seriously.

Very off topic, but no one else seems to care. Actually, other people in the rest of the world actually do support Bush. Bush is very well liked in Poland, the Phillipines, and India. Considering India holds approximately 1/6 of the worlds population (over 1 billion people) there's your 500 million if 50% of Indians like him (50% i would say is a pretty fair percentage, probably even more). So, i'd have to say at the very least 500 million people is an underestimate, and "200-300 million"...well, that's just too damn low! So, SOMEBODY does like him in the rest of the world.

By the way, this motherboard website doesn't have much left worth looking at...so, i'll pronounce it dead at 3:09 AM Centeral Time

sativa said:
wow a guy with the name "Laforge" has a signature over 6 lines and writes replies that are ~50 lines in length? naww!

22) No active links, graphics, cussing or advertising allowed in the SIGNATURE. Sig line is limited to 10 lines total as viewed @ 800 x 600 resolution or no more that 15 words per line.

So, yeah, my sig is probably over the limit since it's basically not "10 lines" it's "150 words" limit

Odd thing is.. the poster above this post is definately breaking that rule.. no matter what resolution you are at.

Lan-Li PC6070 case. $140ish shipped to my backwoods neck of VA.

product linkage here. About $25 off of another popular merchants shipped price. Not saying its [H]awt or not, just a nice deal.

joecool234 said:

As you must have missed, I compared myself with clinton, gates, or dell..

Clinton cause I'm highly educated and have a great ... we'll call it "charisma" with the ladies... [it's just fellow geeks that I harangue]
Gates cause I'm innovative and nerdy
Dell cause I'm very well focused on my business.

I didn't compare myself to bush..

Agreed, I didnt like the 6070 but it seemed to be a "fair" deal, even with shipping. I'm just in the spirit of the thread and comparing apples to apples. Personally, I havent found a lan-li that I liked well enough to drop $200 on a case, but thats me..... :D

Heh:

Our Price: $90.00
In Stock: No

Soo, how ya gonna bite on the excalibur if they dont have it in stock? :D Just nit-picking, no harm no foul.

Back