30 Cap M0 2.8C

CSx-2011

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently picked up a 2.8C from ebay... as luck turns out it is an SL6Z5 Costa Rica m0 30 capper..... Pack date of 12/27/03

I have yet to receive the mobo that this chip is going into.... (IC7-G or a P4C800e, both are coming)

Any guesses on what this thing will do...

I have Kingston PC3500 Hyper-X 2x512

slk-900 with 80mm high speed panaflo in a 62-65F air conditioned room...

PSU wil be either a truepower 430 or a Vantec Stealth 470

if it's anything like my 2.8c 30-capper it'll do 3.65Ghz on default voltage. It'll do 3.78Ghz with 1.6v. I hit a brick wall at 270fsb though.

my mobo should be here around thursday or friday... see what I can get out of it... post some numbers.

Last 3 2.8's i've had here were 30 caps, I've seen nothing special in them compared to any other 2.8's. What was the rumor that they were failed EE's or something. Sure happens to be a lot of failed chips.

I've bought chips 3 once all the same steppings ID,s and serial numbers almost sequential. And out of the few hundred Chips i've bought in my live. Steppings mean nothing. Believe in them if you want, but you can get a bum chip. I've gotten 30 cap 2.4's and 2.8's that wouldnt do over a 400mhz overclock no matter what.

If you get one fine, But dont be a sucker and pay extra for one, like i see a few sites price gouging!!!

SL6Z5 M0 at 3.64 GHz w/ 1.68 volts.

Does 3.5 GHz w/ 1.55 volts just fine.

My friend has the same setup (same mobo, same processor, same stepping, same pack date etc) as mine and his does 3.3 something at 1.575 volts.

still waiting on my mobos or for my friend to get off his ass and bring his ic7-g over...

i had a 2.8c m0 30cap costa rica, don't remember the stepping right now. max oc i could get was around 3.3 @ 1.65v. i switched to a d1 12cap and am doing the same speeds at stock voltages now :rolleyes:. seems like luck of the draw.

i thought i remember reading that GAT is automatically disabled if all 4 ram slots are used.

acascianelli said:
i thought i remember reading that GAT is automatically disabled if all 4 ram slots are used.

I think that's true...but only on the 875p chipsets. I've can fill all 4 slots on my AI7 (865) and still enable PAT.

Back