30" + 2x24"

Hi all,

Has anyone experimented with a 30" center monitor + 2 x 24" monitors, one on each side? I am gearing up for this, but want to see if anyone has any feedback.

I am not gaming, just doing software development.

Thanks so much,
Jordan

Check the eyefinity thread at the top of this page. Lots of people have used and love this setup.

24" are too short to sit side-by-side with a 30", imho. It's be cool if we could use 4x3 20" LCD in portrait mode alongside the 30", that'd be a perfect fit :D

I have a 30" with 1 x 24" in portrait beside it. Works well. As previous posters have said, the pixels don't map up, but that doesn't really matter much if you are using the monitors independently. Go for it if you have both the $$ and the space. You will need quite a large desk to fit it all in comfortably.

I run a 28" with a 19" and have plans to add another 19". Love the setup! The key is to get it so the height of the portrait monitors matches the height of the big one. If you go to the "post your workstation" thread, there are some good pics of a 20-30-20 setup on the last page or so.

1020900.jpg

2x20in monitors with 1600x1200 resolution would line up perfectly on the sides of the 30in, might want to look into that also.

Meh sounds like more trouble than its worth.

Anyone know if ATI is planning to add support for this?

Also how come all the 2007fp monitors I can find look standard, and yet the pics here it looks widescreen!?

One more question for you guys that have this, do you have to lower the resolution of the 30" monitor to make this work? I have always been a tad confused about how that all works out,

thanx

Last edited:
Back