3 Year Old Comic Predicted The iPad Copying The Surface

Just about EVERYONE told me my GNote LTE was HUGE and that I'd look stupid talking into it. Well, I did look stupid (still do) but hey, look at all these HUGE phones out now.

So, yeah.

This is like accusing the LOTR films of stealing the orcs from WoW.
8xJnnDa.jpg

Both are overpriced junk.

Junk? No way. Both are damn good machines.

Overpriced? Maybe. I can't see the value in the iPad Pro. I can with the Surface Pro. The standard iPad's I do as well.

Far from junk. And overpriced? Depends on how much value you put into it.

In before apple is awarded some dumb ass patent and sues ms for infringing in the ipad pro's design.

How about overpriced?

Show me a device with the build quality of the Surface Pro 3 that does what it can do for less. There are other devices out there that are cheaper that have similar function and form but they cut some cost that the SP3 has to do it.

Does apple have a patent on how thin a device can be?

I am waiting for Apple's obsession with thinness to cross the Apocalyptic threshold when they warp Spacetime to create the first device with negative thinness ... they could call it the Apple Event Horizon :D

What's funny about this is that Apple will try to sell that as if it's the first of it's kind, and succeed. The masses will flock and buy it and be amazed at this "new" technology. They'll also end up suing MS for patent infringement. Something to the effect of "a pluggable keyboard for a touch screen" or something broad like that.

I am waiting for Apple's obsession with thinness to cross the Apocalyptic threshold when they warp Spacetime to create the first device with negative thinness ... they could call it the Apple Event Horizon :D

Common bug: "At random, it completely vanishes from your sight if you look at the side instead of the back or the screen"
Apple Support: "You're looking at it wrong" :D

What's funny about this is that Apple will try to sell that as if it's the first of it's kind, and succeed. The masses will flock and buy it and be amazed at this "new" technology. They'll also end up suing MS for patent infringement. Something to the effect of "a pluggable keyboard for a touch screen" or something broad like that.

Well, as the old Steve Martin joke goes ... the most important part of comedy is timmmming, timinnnng, ttttttimmming, timing ;) ... sometimes a company releases products at the wrong time to be successful ... one thing Apple is sometimes pretty good at is reading the Tea Leaves and bringing products to market at the right time with the right features to be successful ... that said I think the Pro is a niche product only (useful for a select few but definitely not for the masses)

Meanwhile

I sit at my desk lamenting the loss of my 8 processor I7 tower that's be substituted with a notebook that's 1/2 the speed and extremely noisy at 100% CPU.

I swear my laptops fan could blow dry Donald Trumps hair.

The point of my previous post: Everybody is wowing about smaller, when I need power.

Meanwhile

I sit at my desk lamenting the loss of my 8 processor I7 tower that's be substituted with a notebook that's 1/2 the speed and extremely noisy at 100% CPU.

I swear my laptops fan could blow dry Donald Trumps hair.

My laptop isn't particularly noisy, but if I turn the discrete GPU on I can fry an egg on the keyboard. It has an 8-thread I7 btw.

Apple and Microsoft have pretty much buried the hatchet years ago as part of the deal Microsoft made with Apple when it was about to go under in the 90's. I watched the whole iPad Pro launch and Apple seemed to be very careful to add "first for the iPad" with nearly everything they were saying about it. I kind of made me wonder what was going on until Microsoft made the first vendor presentation with Office and promoting the pen.

In a way it's kind of surreal to see something like that. Where your biggest competitor has no problem helping you pimp what's now going to be probably one of their biggest competitors.

In a way it's kind of surreal to see something like that. Where your biggest competitor has no problem helping you pimp what's now going to be probably one of their biggest competitors.

Office on the Mac was big in the 90's. They've sold it for Mac's pretty consistently.

Microsoft bailed them out in the 90's, too. I think they put aside their rivalry at that point. Maybe not completely, but at least the full blown hatred was gone. Now, it's just the fanboys of each that want to kill each other.

Now, it's just the fanboys of each that want to kill each other.

Pretty much. I'm as huge Microsoft fan, don't personally own any Apple products, but I think Apple does great things. I admit that I wasn't a huge fan of it at the time but the iPad was revolutionary. Fast forward things five years later and guess what, Apple thinks digital pens have a place on the iPad. Who'd a think? A Microsoft fan.

No one is always right or wrong. It is the essence of being human.

Show me a device with the build quality of the Surface Pro 3 that does what it can do for less. There are other devices out there that are cheaper that have similar function and form but they cut some cost that the SP3 has to do it.

It's $900.00, for that price it better be good. Personally, I'm not a fan of these type of devices anyway. Owned iPad2 and Google Nexus and hardly ever used them because I enjoy my desktop PC far more. Compared to my desktop PC they are overpriced junk. Final judgement.

Like the Surface was an original idea in the first place.

Of corset not. But Microsoft was doing a lot of work in the areas of hybrid and pen and tablet PC computing long before the iPad and Android tablets. Microsoft got a lot if not most of it wrong. But the first vendor on stage for the iPad Pro demos was none other than Microsoft that had long ago added everything in that demo to the desktop versions of Office. Yes, the desktop versions of Office that have for a decade been pen aware and capable of doing everything in the demo of Apple's latest and greatest iPad.

It's $900.00, for that price it better be good. Personally, I'm not a fan of these type of devices anyway. Owned iPad2 and Google Nexus and hardly ever used them because I enjoy my desktop PC far more. Compared to my desktop PC they are overpriced junk. Final judgement.

Does your desktop PC weigh 2.5 lbs? Your final judgment is pointless.

My laptop isn't particularly noisy, but if I turn the discrete GPU on I can fry an egg on the keyboard. It has an 8-thread I7 btw.

I want to see a video of that. Kind of like the cooking an egg on a old P4 without the heat sink.

Apple and Microsoft have pretty much buried the hatchet years ago as part of the deal Microsoft made with Apple when it was about to go under in the 90's. I watched the whole iPad Pro launch and Apple seemed to be very careful to add "first for the iPad" with nearly everything they were saying about it. I kind of made me wonder what was going on until Microsoft made the first vendor presentation with Office and promoting the pen.

It is more of both realizing what is needed. Microsoft knows that some people insist on going Apple only and will do doing else. But the downside there is that you don't have proper software to run on the iPad for a business. So instead they end up with something like Google docs or something web based. Microsoft is now working to put office on everything. So by doing so they get to sell copies of office to people they couldn't sell to otherwise as these people are really not wanting to leave Apple. On the other hand Apple knows that in order for them to be able to break into the work place a good amount they have to support Microsoft Office. That is a solid part of the corporate world and so this helps them leverage themselves better. Anyone that Microsoft loses from Windows they were probably already close to losing anyway. However now they still get money due to Office.

At a certain point in time it becomes less about rivals and more about how do we make money. Which for Microsoft is putting their stuff out there on as much as they can.

Does your desktop PC weigh 2.5 lbs? Your final judgment is pointless.

How much helium is he allowed to fill it with? ;)

It should be interesting to see how many years it takes for apple to fall to the same point they where at with scully in the driver seat.

I have a feeling Jobs would have belittled the Apple employee that first suggested copying the surface until they blew there brains out or something.

I am sure in 10 years we will have iPhone 12, iPad 8... ect ect doesn't look they they are likely to reimagine anything for the better anytime soon.

2.5 lbs and $900.00 is too much for a glorified day planner.

If that is all you are using it for then you are doing something wrong. The point of the surface pro is to give you the functionality of a laptop but in a lighter form. So you can use the surface pro in the exact same way that somebody would use a laptop. If you only use the pro as a day planner then you would only be using a laptop as a day planner.

But that is you personally. I don't have a need for my own semi. So that is a waste of money for me to buy one. Doesn't mean that if one is priced correctly for a semi that somebody that needs a semi shouldn't buy it just because I can't think of a need for one.

My SP3 is my favorite piece of tech gear, by far. I've been using it for about a year and I've definitely gotten my money out of it. I use it more than my desktop, and it's completely replaced any sort of laptop.

Back