• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3 problems with my speakers

GuyWithAFace

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
85
(Background)
Hi all. I have a Creative Labs Inspire P7800 7.1 speaker system and a ASUS A8N32-Sli motherboard with 7.1 onboard.

1. The cables that came with my speakers are 4:3 (green/black/orange/grey on one side and orange/green/black on other) and the two rear speakers don't work. And I can't really enable 7.1 with any games I play. Do I have to buy 4:4 cables to fix the rear speakers? Also could this be my source thats causing the other problems?

2. Ok this one is a doosy. When I turn up the volume to near half way or above I get bad static. What is wierd is that if I move my mouse/click/minimize/maximze or if something is moving on my screen (monitor) it gets even worse/emits horrid different noises. And if I am totally idle I still get static but its not AS bad. Anyway to fix this?

3. Simple, or not. When playing Counter Strike : Source for everytime I shoot once two gunshot sounds play. This is VERY annoying and throws off my whole game.

In conclusion:
So I need to buy 4:4 cables? Do I need a whole seperate sound card? If so which one? I just got this new computer today so shelling out $100-/+ for a sound card would kill my parents. If you need any more information let me know. Thanks.
 
For number 2 specifically...

a) ditch the gray round cable that runs from the cd-rom to the mobo (or sound card)

if the static persists, and changes with mouse, etc. try

b) play a song. go into volume properties. mute everything that does not stop you from hearing the song.

b worked for me when I was on onboard sound... I got an x-fi and will never go back to onboard.
 
Wow man I love you to death. I swore I tried muting and the static still persisted. It worked just now NO static :D then I thought "wow no volume at all?" And minimized and BOOM the whole house shook as the sound played. I wonder is the double gunshot thing is still there.
 
lol :p I had the EXACT same problem with onboard awhile back... and it took considerable diggin on forums to figure out a solution. Now anytime someone has a similar problem, I post that info up as often as I can, so it can be searched for easier :p

What confused me all to hell... I used to format XP on a regular basis when I was a noob, but hardware never changed... after probably the 10th install the static started up... wierdness to the max!
 
I tried 3 different forums. All they had to say was "clean out your case with compressed air" I was like dude.. I just got this pc today I doubt it's dusty. Thanks again man, I am going to see if CSS works now :D

EDIT: Wow it freaking fixed it man. :D :p But the rear speaker still don't work so I guess I have to pick up a 4:4 cable to enable them for onboard eh? But they are propaly like 10 bucks or less
 
Ok, I know this thread is a little old. But I am having that same problem (#1). I figured I would need a knew cable, but can't find one anywhere.

Can you show me where you got yours or where anyone else can find them? An audio cable male at both ends with 8 plugs total, four at both ends.

Maybe I should just make my own thread about this so I get noticed...
 
Back
Top