3- os's on lepard

04ingsrsx

n00b
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
5
hey everyone i want to run 3 os's
1.osx
2.xp
3.linux

my question is how do i do it?

btw i have a mbp 2.4 with 2gig ram
 
I'm not sure if anyone is going to actually know what you're asking..
 
I'm not sure if anyone is going to actually know what you're asking..

QFT. This is a message board, not AIM. If you take some time to formulate proper, thoughtful questions, you're more likely to receive proper, thoughtful answers.

That said, it seems like you're just wondering about how to install other operating systems on your MacBook Pro. I'm not sure which 3 OSs you're referring to, other than that XP is one of them, but if you run through the Boot Camp assistant, it'll help you set up Windows XP or Vista. If you want to install Linux as well, check out this tutorial. It's aimed at installing Ubuntu, but it's adaptable to just about any other distro you might want.
 
uh, the quickest and easiest way is to use VMWare Fusion or Parallels and run them as a virtual machine. If you're planning to do all three at once then you will want more than 2GB of memory though.
 
I agree Fusion or Parallels would be the easiest way to do it especially if you want to software testing across the OS's. Also if you do run 3 OSs at once I would go with 4 GB of memory.
 
What do you want to run on linux?

You can run x11 in mac os and run a lot of the apps in it. Look at finkproject.org as it can help but in reality osx will run a lot of the stuff without much work. If you don't use it you can do it by hand but you will need to install a lot of lib files and whatnot. It does most of that for you.
 
That said, it seems like you're just wondering about how to install other operating systems on your MacBook Pro. I'm not sure which 3 OSs you're referring to, other than that XP is one of them, but if you run through the Boot Camp assistant, it'll help you set up Windows XP or Vista. If you want to install Linux as well, check out this tutorial. It's aimed at installing Ubuntu, but it's adaptable to just about any other distro you might want.

I used this guide to triple boot OSX, XP Pro and Ubuntu on my old Core Duo MacBook Pro. Worked well enough.
 
Use rEFit, as a substitute for the grub loader if you are having problems getting it to come up. rEFit simply installs itself on the OSX partition, super easy to install. I am running OSX and Ubuntu 7.10 on my macbook ATM. Hope my advice helps a bit.
 
Back
Top