PC-Q07
Dimensions: 193 x 290 x 208 mm
Key Features
ATX PSU
Fanless
Optical drive
1 PCI slot

Last edited:
Meh...nothing really "gaming" worthy...Lian needs to up their PSU power!

I like the Q16, finally a case without optical drive slot :)

The Q02 is the most interesting. It is extremely small only: 6,85 liter. The Q03 has a volume of 10,25 liter and the Q16 is 9,25 liter. So all of them are very small but the Q02 is something special. Perhaps something for the kitchen, bedroom or living room

Now they only need a micro ATX case without optical drive for me :)

I really like the Q02. If I didn't have a need for a graphics card, that would be the case that I would get.

I like the PC-Q16. If it's possible to fit 4 x 3.5" HD's in it somehow (coming up with your own mounting - they are about an inch thick each, height of case is 6.3"), then it would be a kick ass little NAS box. It looks like they could have added a single slot PCIe slot in the back of the case too, might be able to make that happen with some modding.

I like how their design team seemed to correct some of the flaws in the PCQ-08 with the up and coming PCQ-18. That's a positive. Especially the side doors. No more of those small screws. Love it.

Although, for me at least. It's the only positive I see out of their SFF cases. I just don't get the rest of them. I'm not understanding what their thinking here with these new ones either.

I hesitate to sit here and play judge...because frankly, Lian Li stepped up to the plate for the mini itx guys when no other company(Silverstone is an exception) gave a hoot.

I'm just lost with their current designs. I'd like to buy a few cases, but I look at them and....:confused:.

Lately I've been buying Wesena's, I think this trend may continue for me. I'm going to build a Dry Fork with an HD 4000 fanless. Streacom(another OrigenAE knockoff) has a fanless case...I think I'm going this route.

Click Here

Best,

Liquid Cool

Just caught on to Lian-Li announcing these ... neat cases, but they are somewhat narrow purpose, imo. I prefer a more "general purpose" PC-Q18 (need 4x3.5" to accommodate my RAID10). I want to see Lian-Li explore the internal layout used in BitFenix Prodigy and some Abee or Windy mITX cases.

Lastly, this thread need some pics ;)
----------------
PC-Q02 vvv
q02-07.jpg

----------------
PC-Q03 vvv
q03-08.jpg

----------------
PC-Q16 vvv
q16-08.jpg

The current benchmarks are Silverstone's SG05 and SG08 (plus their variants). What makes them gamer-friendly is:

1. High-wattage PSUs given their form factor.
2. Compatibility with long dual-slot video cards.

Any gamer-friendly case needs /at least/ 2 PCI slots and a 450+watt PSU. Less is a slap in the face.

Maybe you guys should stick to the PC-Q08, that has 2 pci slots and you can put a nice psu in there.
I had an h67 zotac + msi twin frozr II 6950 + corsair hx650 psu. it was my HTPC, but i've downscaled and am looking for a dual core 35w cpu

or case manufs need to provide psu-less option for those of us with a very particular taste in psus ;)

Are you guys serious about needing higher wattage psu? First of all its obviously not the same target audience as the sg-08 or the q-08, since they're simply not as long. Second you wouldn't be able to use over 300w with anything that would actually fit in the case.

Last edited:
Back