3 Monitors to clone mode

MrMuscle

n00b
I have three displays which I would like to display the same picture.

These displays are: 1. Dell U2715H (1440p, 60 Hz) 2. Epson EH-TW7200 (1080p, 60 Hz) 3. LG SL8000 (1080p, 60 Hz)

When using windows clone mode, my main display (Dell) resolution is dropped to 1080p. Clone mode cant be used with monitors with different resolution so that each monitor could keep its native resolution.

I have already tried softwares for picture mirroring. This is just not suitable for my uses since people are watching my gameplay from my projector (epson).

Yesterday I realized that my main monitor have DP 1.2 MST output. After reading about this output, I found out that picture can be "streamed" through this output. This output can be used to monitor cloning and extending. I also read that the monitors connected to this output does not have to be with exact same resolution as the output display. What I did not find, was that does this same feature work also when cloning monitors? So, can I stream / clone my main monitor (Dell) through this output to my TV and projector so that I can keep native resolutions with each monitor?

Also: If its possible to stream / clone my main monitor picture through this output to monitors with different resolutions, can I just do this by using 1 x DP to 2 x HDMI splitter or do I have to buy MST Hub for this?

I think you might need want to use some sort of external splitter.

Coincidentally I do have a Kramer DigiTools VM-2HDMI Distribution Amplifier / Splitter sitting around that I'd like to sell.

Back