3 monitors. 1 16:10 and 2 16:9

phaelinx

Gawd
Anyone have something similiar set up? I have 1 monitor that is a 16:10 and apparently those are either no longer being made, or they are rare, so I was forced to get 2 16:9 monitors.

I have the 16:10 in the middle and the other 2 on the left/right.. I can't seem to get the 16:10 monitor's resolution to match correctly. I'll deal with black bars on the top/bottom if I can get the res to match the other 2, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have black bars on all 4 sides creating a huge gap on the left/right of the screen.

Has anyone correctly gotten a middle monitor with a 16:10 aspect ratio to pixel map the other 2? is this even possible?

to my knowledge, there is no way to run your full resolution on the 16:10 with the 16:9's in eyefinity. It is unfortunate.
NEC used to sell some 16:10 TN panels last year, but they were hard to find even last spring when I was looking

I gave my 24" SMVA 16:10 to my wife last spring - you can still get 16:10's but typically only in IPS panels - these are fairly expensive, but offer way better color reproduction and viewing angles.

Dell, Asus and HP are the main IPS players. LG I think used to sell them as well...not sure if they still do.
...I far prefer the 16:10 real estate, but 3 new 27" Asus LED backlit ve278q's in Eyefinity were well under the price of 2 more 24" IPS panels...a hard trade off, but I love 3 monitor eyefinity, and didn't have an unlimited budget...

I just did a quick google, there is a list of 50 various sized (20-30") and brands of IPS panels - note, not all are 16:10 - article dated sept 26th 2011... Pchardwarehelp is the site, i don't think forum rules allow a link...

Back