3 Gallon Fishtank $24.99

Go to your local pet store and get a standard 10 gallon with the filter, lights, and everything for 25-40. Your fish will thank you, 3 gallons suck for just about every kind of fish :(.

Pet store's have sales on fish takes once or twice a year. They do $1 per Gallon.

I have 2 betta's in a small tank with a divider. I took out the divider one day and they literally go toe to toe. I saw a small part of one of the betta's fin ripped off. I know they fight due to cramped space, but would a 3 gallon tank be enough for them?

5 bucks cheaper than Amazon. How is this a hot deal?

I have 2 betta's in a small tank with a divider. I took out the divider one day and they literally go toe to toe. I saw a small part of one of the betta's fin ripped off. I know they fight due to cramped space, but would a 3 gallon tank be enough for them?

Bettas don't fight because it's a cramped space. Bettas fight because they are highly territorial and will kill each other given the chance, regardless of tank size. You may be able to get away with having two i a 55+ gallon tank, but odds are they will find each other and still fight it out.

male bettas will always fight with each other. And a 3 gallon tank is somewhat small, the water needs to be changed every week

Wow, sounds like you really shouldn't keep fish if you know that little about them. They're alive, not toys.

male bettas will always fight with each other. And a 3 gallon tank is somewhat small, the water needs to be changed every week

They'll fight their own reflections, for god's sake. Angry little devils.

Yeah, on glass tanks. This is a seamless acrylic tank.

There's 5 panes to that tank, 4 sides and a bottom, there are seams somewhere, maybe not the front corners as they may be bent, but there's seams along the back and the perimeter of the bottom. That said, yeah acrylic seams are welded together (chemically) vs glass which has a sealant (silicone) but then again it's a 3gallon tank not a 300 gallon tank, I doubt the strength of the seams is going to be much of an issue.

Go to your local pet store and get a standard 10 gallon with the filter, lights, and everything for 25-40. Your fish will thank you, 3 gallons suck for just about every kind of fish :(.
+1 Unless you get some fancy filtration and do LOTS of water changes 10g is about the minimum you want to go with for causal fish keeping.

I guess you could keep 1 betta but thats about it.

Back