3 friends, guild wars... which to get?

Citizen86

Supreme [H]ardness
First of all, none of us want to pay $50 for the trilogy, I'm sure $20 is max for my other two friends, if anything at all... so which should we get?

I'm assuming the original Prophecies gives the most game... and it's the original, so it's probably a good starting point. What do you experts think?

Guild Wars has a story flowing under it, so starting with Prophecies is your best bet. Its pretty long and there is a lot to do getting quests and just random exploring.

The expansions are pretty good as well depending on your style. Factions was short and not really worth it IMO. Its good but very short. Night Fall is a little better then Factions.
Eye of the North is the best expansion, added a lot to the game. The main point is to clear out dungeons and other things, so some of the runs and things can take a good amount of time and be fairly difficult.

I beat all of Prophecies on my own 4 times in my spare time. Enjoyed every minute of it. Eye of the North was extremely fun is proving hard to beat as I just dont have the time to sit there and go through all the dungeons. However I still am having a lot of fun exploring the surface areas and wandering through the dungeons. Even if I dont beat them.

I started GW at the first beta events and got Eye of the North on release. Starting in Prophecies will really give you the best experience and play as there is a LOT to do.

Thanks for the opinion. I had bought it close to when it was first released as well... never got to lvl 20, but I had a good time with it. Then my friend started using my account, not sure what happened to it... but I think he or someone else eventually got the expansions and got all 4 slots maxed.

It is a good game though, if I can find it for cheap enough maybe I'll get it anyways even if my two friends don't decide they want it, lol

Yeah, I wish it was on the standard GOTY edition though, but it's only on the Trilogy. None of us are willing to spend $40 right now on a game.

If you want to PvP you need the expansions as there really isn't a lot going on in the original arenas.

We just want a co-op game we can play together. Not super interested in PvP

I swung by a Big Lots the other day and they had the original guild wars for $6. That would make my mind up...

lol, I would go out and buy 3 copies.... except I'm not in the States, so I'm limited to buying it online via direct download or int'l shipping from Ebay. It's only $10 on Newegg and I would definitely buy it if they shipped to Mexico

Im someone on here recommended starting with Nightfall as you get your heros..?..search for it.

I would check out deals for the complete set. My buddy plays it and wanted to to bite on the complete set. I remember seeing quite a few on ebay for 25 shipped.

Back