• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3 displays

EEB

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
64
I have three 22" Dell IPS monitors. I have a 6870 card and have two of them on the card and I did have an adapter for the 3rd one hooked up but it quit working so I sent it back. I still haven't got a new adapter but was wondering if it would be ok to hook up the 3rd monitor to the DVI on the z68 motherboard? I'm not playing games at all, only photo editing and internet. Would it cause any problems?
 
It *MAY* cause problems - I've had issues when I've used more than 1 video driver (NB: not video devices, video *DRIVERS*) in XP, but I haven't tried it in Windows 7 (Vista doesn't allow multiple video drivers with AeroGlass, so I aligned all my video cards a long time ago to avoid the problem). The biggest problem may be the amount of memory the drivers consume - if you are on 64-bit, it's not a concern if you have 4GB+ of RAM, but on 32-bit it could get tight.
 
It *MAY* cause problems - I've had issues when I've used more than 1 video driver (NB: not video devices, video *DRIVERS*) in XP, but I haven't tried it in Windows 7 (Vista doesn't allow multiple video drivers with AeroGlass, so I aligned all my video cards a long time ago to avoid the problem). The biggest problem may be the amount of memory the drivers consume - if you are on 64-bit, it's not a concern if you have 4GB+ of RAM, but on 32-bit it could get tight.

I'm using windows 7 64 bit and have 16gb of ram
 
Check if the onboard graphics are enabled in the BIOS. Don't know how Sandy Bridge/Z68 handle it, but on some older boards onboard graphics weren't available if a discrete card was plugged in (sharing PCIe lanes).
 
Check if the onboard graphics are enabled in the BIOS. Don't know how Sandy Bridge/Z68 handle it, but on some older boards onboard graphics weren't available if a discrete card was plugged in (sharing PCIe lanes).

It was turned off. I turned it on and then had to download a driver for it since I never did but the 3rd monitor is working fine now! Looks like I saved $30 by not getting another adapter that I don't really need since I'm not playing games.
 
Back
Top