• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3.5mm switch

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
20,486
Anybody know where I can find a switch box that will let me toggle between 2 3.5mm sound sources?

Im looking for one for my pc/xbox 360 setup. I am getting tired of switching the cables out and want to just hit a switch or push a button to toggle between the 2.
 
I think most people just use a Y-cable to hook them all up simultaneously, OR they use a receiver or other device to do switching.

For headphone only switching, there sure doesn't look like there is much out there. This did come up in google though: http://electronicsusa.com/mk1and2.html
 
I think most people just use a Y-cable to hook them all up simultaneously, OR they use a receiver or other device to do switching.

For headphone only switching, there sure doesn't look like there is much out there. This did come up in google though: http://electronicsusa.com/mk1and2.html

Yeah, I googled and all I found was the link you posted. I use a y-splitter right now, but when I plug both in, I lose a LOT of volume (even with 1 of the 2 sources turned off).
 
Of all the Amazon results the only thing that looks like it will do the job is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-Audio-CrossPlay-switch/dp/B000VUTHL2/

Exactly. I don't really want to spend $30 on it either. I was looking for a cheaper solution, not a high end led run switch.

The other solutions are backwards.. I don't want to switch between 2 sets of speakers/headsets into from one audio source. I want to switch 2 audio sources to 1 set of speakers.

Well, now that you see what three seconds on Google can get you, here's three seconds on Amazon.

Congrats.. your 3 seconds of amazon didn't do anything either.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Electrons don't know which way they're flowing - input and output are just labels we apply to points in a circuit. A device to selectively connect one of two analog audio cables to a third will work irrespective of direction unless there are some *really* fancy electronics involved and it is no longer just a switch. Just make sure they pass stereo and not just mono, and you should be fine.

And again, why aren't you using your sound card's line in jack? Unless there's something wrong with that solution, it would have a cost of...well...$0.
 
Back
Top