3.5mm jack splitter question

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Have a single pair of speakers for a desktop and Nintendo Swtich, but I have to unplug the 3.5mm cable each time I want to hear audio from one or the other device.

Is this all I need to be able to get sound from both my console and PC?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-MM-Ste...508514?hash=item1e9b98e922:g:llsAAOSwuWha7H1C

Plug this into the speaker, then take two 3.5mm cables and connect one to the Switch and one to the PC. Should be all that is required right?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
yup what they said. and also dont be surprised if you need to deal with ground loop noise.
was gonna post that same amazon link

There are not many options that look of okay quality. If the switch supported optical/toslink that would be ideal. Then go with a DAC to eliminate electrical noise.

Thanks for the info. I may end up picking that up because it looks convenient. Threw it in my wish list and will probably order it when I need some other things.

For the short term can I leave one cable connected to my PC, the other to the Switch and then just manually swap at the speaker? Or will having both two cables next to each other (even if one isn't connecting to speakers) cause some electrical noise / buzzing?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Having the cable laying next to the other wont be a problem as long as you do not ground one of them out. Good luck!

Back