3.5" LCD display for Winamp, etc?

TheRapture

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 31, 2000
Messages
6,885
Title says it all....I want to be able to display current track info, etc., in my SFF rig. I know there has got to be one out there that will do what I need. Being an LCD newb as far as Winamp or system monitoring goes....point me in the right direction....

Being able to report temps would be a bonus as well....
 
3.5? You want to mount it in a floppy bay? Are you looking for a text display or graphic?
 
Well I know bit-tech.com has a lcd mod using a PSone lcd, but im not sure the dimensions of the lcd. I do remember, however, that they were able to rig it so it would display winamp titles and stuff. the problem is since they redesigned their website i cant get it because they didnt complete their archives sorry man

edit: heres what i got for you

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=62951&page=1&pp=20

<- thats the forum for the psone mod so you can read that if you'd like
 
I would say crystalfontz 16x2 display or similiar from Matriz Orbital
 
BLG said:
Well I know bit-tech.com has a lcd mod using a PSone lcd, but im not sure the dimensions of the lcd. I do remember, however, that they were able to rig it so it would display winamp titles and stuff. the problem is since they redesigned their website i cant get it because they didnt complete their archives sorry man

edit: heres what i got for you

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=62951&page=1&pp=20

<- thats the forum for the psone mod so you can read that if you'd like

the link to the actual mod : http://bit-tech.net/article/136/ is a dead link anyone got the new link, i tried searching and couldnt find it anywhere
 
the new link is suppose to be up soon because they redesigned their website so they havent completely moved all the files over, id expect them to move it over.
 
Itron VFD's are nice...I've got one on my workstation here in my cube at work...

Parts bin...LOL

MD
 
(pimp alert ;) )

The CFA-631 fits a 20x2 into a 3.5" bay:

631RMFBK_430.jpg


631TMFAL_430.jpg
 
i need to practice my soldering more and then i think i will do this mod or if i get lucky buy a pre-moded color screen, thats exactly what i want it for. winamp, konfabulator and all that other sys monitoring crap-ola and then mount in a cool plexi case.
 
BellaCroix said:
3.5? You want to mount it in a floppy bay? Are you looking for a text display or graphic?


I want text display....mostly for winamp and system temps....
 
Back
Top