3.2E, Corsiar 3200XL and YOU

RoyLuv

Limp Gawd
Ok... 2-2-2-5, that's what Corsiar bosts on their 3200xl TwinX XMS DDR memroy (1GB)

The problem is, that any system I have tried to run it on (at 2.8v) is not stable.
The A64 3500+.... Not even if I loosen them miserably (2 different boards were tried)
The 3.2E - no way... prime 95 fails in no time.... But when I change those timing to 2.5-3-3-6 It has been priming it now for 3 hours and hasn't skipped a beat.

Here's my question.

First, how much performance would one expect to lose running at these timings?

Second, On my AMD boards, in the BIOS I have a setting for the memory to set it at 1T or 2T - What is it? I didn't see it in the BIOS settings on this Intel board.

Third, If you go to Corsair's web site and look at this specific memory, there is an astrix at the bottom of the comparison chart for XMS memory that says with intel you need to set it to 2-3-3-6 and another setting for AMD. Niether is 2-2-2-5. So why advertise these low timings if you can't run them on a P4 OR AMD proc? Would it be possible running at a different Freq ration? I'm confused.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I figure people with the Intels could give me some pointers on what settings in the BIOS to accomplish this feat.

If you don't see my system specs in my sig, just refresh in a minute... I'm in the process of updating it now

the astrix only applies to the C2 models.

TWINX1024-3200C2PRO XMS3200 1024MB 2-3-3-6 *
TWINX1024-3200C2 XMS3200 1024MB 2-3-3-6 *
TWINX1024-3200C2PT XMS3200 1024MB 2-3-3-6 *

* These parts support 2-3-3-6 latency on Intel platforms, and 2.5-3-3-6 latency on AMD platforms

are you sure you are using the XL model?

if you are is your fsb in the 200-210 range?

Hmm.. I'm positive they are not C2 models. But then again, I guess I could check them again. I'm out of town atm and can check in a couple days. My fbs is at 200 (stock settings).

Mine Runs Perfect when i overclocked my 3.0c it topped out at 3.8 and it runs perfect at 3.6 no errors in prime 95 for 10 hours left it on overnight

It even boots with the low latency number i never change anything IC7-G

ive had no problem running the XL on both intel and amd systems, the only problem i had was the plug and frag didnt work on the ic7 max3. id rma the sticks to corsair for a new set

2+2+2=6 ... setting the tras to 5 isnt giving the memory enough time to finish its cycle... i believe the phrase used is "slamming a book shut in mid sentance while you are trying to read it", or something to that effect. (mushkins explanation)

2+2+2=6 ... setting the tras (i think thats tras?) to 5 isnt giving the memory enough time to finish its cycle... i believe the phrase used is "slamming a book shut in mid sentance while you are trying to read it", or something to that effect. (mushkins explanation)

Back