3.2C or 3.4E????

Lindy01

n00b
Buddy has a 2.4C on a 875 mobo. He wants to get a new CPU (and a 6800GT) before Battle Field 2 comes out in March.

He wants to get a 3.2C or a 3.4E. He will never overclock. So considering all of things what would you suggest?

Thanks

Well Im still not a fan of Presshots, but a buddy of mine just put a 3.4E in his IC7-G and it seems to run the games a bit smoother than his 3.2C. It helps with certain apps to have a larger cache so if your buddy wont overclock I would go with the E. Even if he decides to push the chip higher the Prescott seem to scale fairly well with the added boost in FSB.

I'd recommend the "E" for all the reasons mentioned above. Also, taking into consideration that he does not overclock, that eliminates heat as being something he'd be concerned about. Otherwise, he would have to invest more money into a decent HSF.

Just get whichever is cheaper, they should be identical in speed (if the prescott isn't slower)

He is planning to get a Zalman 7000 ACLU for whatever CPU he gets.

He has a 400Watt Antec PS is that enough for a 3.4E and a 6800GT?

Thanks

I would get the 3.4E if hes going to get a new heatsink too, I ran my 6800GT on an antec 330 so unless he has a ton of drives it should be fine.

Back