• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3 - 23" LCDS, easiest way?

macker123

n00b
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
46
I am looking to do 3 23" lcds and looking for the easiest way to do this. I don't play any games etc, this is strictly for work. I don't do any intensive 3d stuff, it is all web design, spreadsheets, email, ftp etc.

I am going to be building a new system so can buy whatever is needed. I can't seem to find any firm answer if I was to buy 2 pci express video cards and put them into the respective slots of the motherboard can I technically have up to 4 monitors running independent of each other, not cloning etc? I am not going to be enabling sli as I understand that only works for 1 monitor. If so, which 2 video cards do you recommend as I am not doing anything intensive.
 
Matrox makes video cards with triple monitor support, Parhelia, I believe might want to check my settings. And a lot of professionals swear by Matrox's long time in supporting multi monitors. Might be the cheapest and most effective way if you are not playing games
 
Agreed, Matrox is the choice of the pros when it comes to multimonitor non 3d app work like stock brokers might do but just keep in mind , longhorn, you may want to see what matrox has planed for that Os assuming your interested in a 3d interface Oh and most current boards have pci slots.

I ran 3 monitors with a single 6800Ultra and one Matrox g550 pci with no issues however my 3rd monitor was 1280x1024 (max res for the Matrox) so you would have a scaling issue on one of your 23's
 
bubblethumper said:
Someone should back me up here, but just run two cards, but DON'T use SLI mode.

This is what I am hoping. Anyone? It is the easiest and from what I can tell the cheapest option.
 
AGP primary card for dual DVI, DVI output PCI card. I assume DVI is being used, so parhelia doesn't cut it.

Stick with either ATI or nVidia, dont mix, etc. Personally I believe nvid has better multi-monitor support. But I haven't done a whole lot of testing.
 
macker123 said:
This is what I am hoping. Anyone? It is the easiest and from what I can tell the cheapest option.

This is true windows xp can have more than 1 video card at a time.
 
Bigjohns97 said:
This is true windows xp can have more than 1 video card at a time.
Windows XP?
Windows 98 and above could run up to 32 monitors., IIRC. Cards....dont know, but the same I would imagine. Or at least how ever many slots you have.
 
Back
Top