3.2 Spider System ??

Probably with extreme cooling, definitely not possible on air or even water cooling.

garrantees them stable. "shrugs" :confused:

that guy sells like 4-8 computers a day. WTF

ima call that place tomorrow.

they also show a intel hitting 3.4ghz on a q6600. were i see most only getting around 3ghz. hmmm

I call BS. Nobody I've seen has been able to get a 9600BE stable on air past 2.6-2.8GHz. Especially not with a Zalman CNPS-9500. The only parts I've seen hit 3GHz are engineering samples.

Maybe we should try to get a representative on the forum?

Update:

I emailed them to see if they could send someone to answer questions.

I call BS. Nobody I've seen has been able to get a 9600BE stable on air past 2.6-2.8GHz. Especially not with a Zalman CNPS-9500. The only parts I've seen hit 3GHz are engineering samples.

Agree this is bs in a half. I wonder who he sells these to because anyone with half a brain about computers can tell that this is stupid.

I was going to e-mail him but Hurshai beat me to it.

etc computers, if your reading this, some CPU z shots would be nice, but a verified by CPU ID link would be the final word.

2.3Ghz stock 9600 speed |= 3.2Ghz.

garrantees them stable. "shrugs" :confused:

that guy sells like 4-8 computers a day. WTF

ima call that place tomorrow.

they also show a intel hitting 3.4ghz on a q6600. were i see most only getting around 3ghz. hmmm

Q6600s are getting 3.6GHz often... 3.4GHz is nothing to brag about.

However, 3.2GHz from a Phenom 9600 BE is just impossible on air though, this is clearly a scam for the unsuspecting n00b.

As the saying goes, if its too good to be true, it probably is... ;)

I have seen Phenoms running at 3.6GHz and 3.8GHz on air, but it was not "in the wild."

I'd imagine most people on here haven't run a Phenom, but have plenty of opinions based on anecdotes and wild guesses.

im running a 9600BE stable at 3GHz... and it was bought retail about a month ago... so i would have to say its possible... oh and its air cooled...

but 3.2 very improbable...

im running a 9600BE stable at 3GHz... and it was bought retail about a month ago... so i would have to say its possible... oh and its air cooled...

but 3.2 very improbable...

You sir got very, very, very lucky. I've heard of cases where some people haven't been able to manage a 300MHz overclock stably.

I'd imagine most people on here haven't run a Phenom, but have plenty of opinions based on anecdotes and wild guesses.

I may be imagining things also but you seem to whine and bitch an awful lot about other peoples opinions without actually providing your own thoughts on the topic... :rolleyes:

In case you didn't realise, there ARE other forums *cough* Xtremesystems *cough* where plenty of people have overclocked Phenoms and 3.2GHz is unheard of on air...

Yeah, if AMD could get those bitches out the door at say 3.4ghz, they wouldn't just be saved, they mite start making money again. But for like 20 seconds intel will be stunned, then they just drop that 4 ghz extreme edition processor and its game over. again.

Yeah, if AMD could get those bitches out the door at say 3.4ghz, they wouldn't just be saved, they mite start making money again. But for like 20 seconds intel will be stunned, then they just drop that 4 ghz extreme edition processor and its game over. again.

That would make me laugh quite heartily.

"Oh... shit... Well, deploy the 4ghz quads :eek:"

And the sad part is I can see exactly that happening. We all know that Intel's architecture has lots of headroom. If AMD somehow cranked out 3.4-3.6GHz parts, Intel would just up the ante and counter anything AMD would do. Still good for us though, we would see some extrememely fast parts hit the streets without overclocking, and at a better price. :)

So why the hell did AMD indefinately postpone "Bulldozer"? Either a very boneheaded move or AMD just doesn't have the funds to continue development anymore. I'm thinking a bit of both...

well not like i follow intel to much. but either way that seller does have great reviews.

maybe they figued out the right combo. great mobo, great ram, overkill power supply.

"shrugs" who knows.

there not charging extra for there OC.

B3's coming in now aswell. its getting interesting. atleast a whole lot more interest than it has been the last 3 months thats for sure. :cool:

No way that could be Agena though, could it? Know something we don't about Deneb and Shanghai? ;)

They were Agena parts...which might explain a bit of my "trust" in AMD before Phenom came to market.

actually the interesting part is that the wall i hit in my overclock wasn't due to temperature at all... the system runs pretty cool considering its on a 700MHz oc... but i never attempted tweaking hyperthreading or anything like that because i just dont know enough about it to try... im sure if i had the understanding of all that stuff i could get it to go higher without having to switch to water cooling...

Deploy the 4Ghz quads for over 1,000 USD.

AMD doesn't need the crown. AMD needs the budget performance sector, and a 3.4-3.6Ghz phenom @ 45nm would make it tough to choose between a Q9xxx and the phenom.

AMD's problem is not that it's not winning, it's that it's not competing.

And plus there's been lots of talk about core 2 not working right, and phenoms not running right when you pump up the FSB. I think it'd be interesting to know if *all* of the cores run at 3.2Ghz, or if three of them do, or what. I'd kill to know what trick they're pulling off. If these tricks work for the 45nm parts, I'll be in for sure.

Yeah, if AMD could get [Phenom Processors] out the door at say 3.4ghz, they wouldn't just be saved, they mite start making money again. But for like 20 seconds intel will be stunned, then they just drop that 4 ghz extreme edition processor and its game over. again.

getting them out the door at that speed would mean overclocks of somewhere in the order of 4.0 Ghz. Its all about yield, and if a company like Amd has a re-bin rate of anything like 5% they lose millions.

actually the interesting part is that the wall i hit in my overclock wasn't due to temperature at all... the system runs pretty cool considering its on a 700MHz oc... but i never attempted tweaking hyperthreading or anything like that because i just dont know enough about it to try... im sure if i had the understanding of all that stuff i could get it to go higher without having to switch to water cooling...

here you go read this link it explains in detail between oc on an x2 and a phenom.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-phenom9600-be_8.html#sect0

here also goes into further detail

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=172960 hahah i just tried reading this one and its a very bad translation from german to engllish. but if you read the first link you will sort of understand what there getting at there in the 2nd one.

Anyone know when this system config went up for sale originally, because I can't find a single person in the feedback list that has bought one.

I like AMD's product line, but i would never buy a system with the 790x chip set. I hear its unstable and trivial.

I like AMD's product line, but i would never buy a system with the 790x chip set. I hear its unstable and trivial.

But they overclock existing X2s very well. I personally think that the 780/750a SLI chipsets from nVIDIA are going to turn out better. Historically their AMD chipsets have always fared better than their Intel ones (with the original nForce 3 being an exception). If I were to stick with AMD (not likely) I would go for one of these. My 570 SLI has been a rock.

top5 : nope seems it was just recently. i went way back to december and havent seen them sell even one of them on ebay.

they never responded to my email,but i called in and like i said in erlier posts they would not give any details. they didnt speak very good english though the lady i was talking to so was hard to understand her. "you buy... you get full documents,video. other people not know how to ova clock de phenooom. ETC computa isa pro overcocker" or something along those lines.

i did a search on completed listing and only found it listed 2 otehr times and both ended on 03/08.

i also found this one that is on a 770 board and rated at 2.8ghz oc only listed one other time ended 03/06

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...s=algo=SI&its=I%2BIA&itu=IA%2BUCI&otn=4&ps=42

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
"you buy... you get full documents,video. other people not know how to ova clock de phenooom. ETC computa isa pro overcocker."

ROFL. :D

I thought prostitutes were pro overcockers?

ETC computa tech: "Unngh. Here's a helping of thermal paste for ya, sir." :eek:

well ya that was one of there sales people in there store.

if you read there ad carefully you will see similar mistakes. that is comon with non-native english speakers.

examples: All our customize system is only using .......

Our system configuration is selected from the most award manufactory
parts to keep the best performance.

We do overclocking your system ......

now read those with a asian accent.

nothing wrong with any of that. im not a perfect speller or typist either.

if they are for real, and have figured out the correct nb,ht,and cpu timings.
i sure wish they would share.

:eek: So WTF happened that we ended up with only 2.2 and 2.3GHz broken parts?

Officially, they used the TLB bug as some sort of excuse, but I don't buy it.

I think it's probably got more to do with power leakage at higher voltages, but thats only speculation on my part.

This fails because it's not using three HD3870 X2 in CrossFireX. I'm not buying it.

why you holding back? :eek:

ok so it is possible then.

i called them they would not give up any info.
but said yes its garranteed stable @ 3.2 fully documented. hmm very interesting.

hmm yes, but "stable" may be seen as a relative term...

Back