• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3.2 Prescott, need a M/B

RonB

Gawd
Joined
Jan 27, 2001
Messages
688
Have a 3.2 and need a good motherboard to go with it. Any idea's? I know these things get hot that is why I am asking.

Thanks
 
Well 3.2 doesn't tell us much. Is that a 478 or a 775? If it is a 478 a lot of people had good success with the Abit AI-7. If it is a 775 there are many great options.
 
I just sold a p4 3.2 prescott and i dont have a need for my albatron 865pe motherboard and also i have a hyper 6 cooler to go with it the board let me take that chip to 3.8 ghz ,let me no if your in need of it looking for arounf 100 bucks for both......i will be backon when i get home from work....
 
I've been running mine on an ASUS P4P800E-Dx.
Awesome board. Overclocks very well and rock solid.
 
daedal said:
I've been running mine on an ASUS P4P800E-Dx.
Awesome board. Overclocks very well and rock solid.

I have the P4P800 SE. Also awesome and rock solid.
 
RonB said:
Have a 3.2 and need a good motherboard to go with it. Any idea's? I know these things get hot that is why I am asking.

Thanks

Stick with Intel chipset's only, 865 or 875 preferably. Abit and Asus are popular choices. Have had very good experiences with both Abit IS7 and IC7 personally.

edit: see that you have an IC7-G already. Not happy with it?
 
You wanting to OC? I'd say get the AI7, however, the XP-90 and 120 doesn't fit on there *correctly*. Maybe the IS7, or any board with an intel chipset. Stay away from VIA chipsets.(i've had bad experiences) I've had good luck with abit. The AI7 can do 3.2 volts without mods to the RAM, if that means anything to you. I've read to much about 'droop' mods and other stuff about Asus 478 boards, IMO, so I'll just be an abit !!!!!! until they screw me :D
 
I too have the Asus P4P800E. Very stable, high quality board, and the on-board sound is surprisingly good. I do lots of sound editing, and it is actually better than my old PC that had an SB Live 5.1. It also allows for some nice OCing, which I am reluctant to do since I have the stock cooler on my 3.0E. But I'm content. :)
 
Thanks for all the replys. I had this chip on an Abit IC7, but one day it just died. Figured maybe cause this chip runs so hot. Thats why I am wondering if anyone has done well with any M/B because of the heat. Still waiting to hear from Abit about RMA on the IC7.

Thanks All.
 
daedal said:
I've been running mine on an ASUS P4P800E-Dx.
Awesome board. Overclocks very well and rock solid.

Ive overclocked my 3.0GHz Pressy S478 to 3.72GHz on that board, stable! With a little cold air :cool: . Now all I need is some water, and ill be able to join that 303MHz thread! :p . Yea, Ive had this board for about a year and I find it rock solid. Its a bit sketchy on the memory requirements though. Dosnt seem to accept all types, even though just about anything works. I reccomend PC3500 or higher, for the sake of overclockability.
 
Back
Top