3.2 46c ??

Tony Montana

[H]ard|Gawd
I installed my freind's 3.2 nothwood today he also got the 7700 zalman. I fallowed the instructions on arctic silver's site just put a little dot on the center about as big as a BB and his CPU temp is aroun 46-47 C :/ any suggestions? Should i apply more paste?

No more paste. If you remove the cooler you'll find that BB sized dot is the perfect amount.

Is that 46-47°C idle or load?

I have the same chip with the same cooler and mine idles at 38°C ± 2°C. Load maxes at 56°C ± 2°C.

idle is 46-47 i dont know about low noise mode i just plugged in the fan without the fanmate thing if there is another way to chaning this im not aware of it. yes i put a BB sized dot in the middle. I installed mobo monitor 5 on there and it says -1c aha something is messed up.

do you think that because there is 4 more fans they might be taking the power away?

What make/model motherboard is it?

Sounds almost like an Abit motherboard, IC7's and IS7's read temps 8-12C higher than actual.

My 3.0 Northwood on a Zalman 7000AlCu (smaller than the 7700) idles at 34C and loads to 47C. It's O/Ced to 3.23Ghz, but that will soon change once my new RAM comes in.

acascianelli said:
Sounds almost like an Abit motherboard, IC7's and IS7's read temps 8-12C higher than actual.

Could be that. Some northwoods also just run hotter than others. Could be bad contact between the core and IHS. Nothing you can do about that. So long as it runs alright, i wouldn't worry about it.

Back