I've posted this over in the HTPC forum but I wanted the advice of those on this forum about a set up for a small apartment living room with these components. Especially since I heard about most of them on this forum.
Speakers: Set of Polk R150s. $80
Center: Polk CS2 $99
Sub: Dayton Sub-120 $140
Receiver: Either Pioneer VSX-918V $250 or Yamaha Rx-V463 $299
Total of $569 or $619
Any other suggestions?
The reason I wanted to do 3.1 is because I don't really care about the rear channels and I don't want to wire them all over the room. I figure a 3.1 system would be able to handle movies, tv and games on the ps3 much better than the tv speakers and I would still have the option of upgrading to true 5.1 in the future.
Speakers: Set of Polk R150s. $80
Center: Polk CS2 $99
Sub: Dayton Sub-120 $140
Receiver: Either Pioneer VSX-918V $250 or Yamaha Rx-V463 $299
Total of $569 or $619
Any other suggestions?
The reason I wanted to do 3.1 is because I don't really care about the rear channels and I don't want to wire them all over the room. I figure a 3.1 system would be able to handle movies, tv and games on the ps3 much better than the tv speakers and I would still have the option of upgrading to true 5.1 in the future.