• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3.1 Ghz - 34c IDLE!

The Donut

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 28, 2003
Messages
3,122
Hey, I found this beauty at th flea market and it pushes alot of air.

air.jpg


106-0652_IMG.JPG


106-0655_IMG.JPG


Anyway, 2.6C @ 3.1, and it's idle at 34C, under load rises to 39c.
 
I wouldn't worry about individual fingers being cut by that, I'd worry about the whole hand! :eek: Anyway, nice temp decrease.
 
I think it's going to be a part of my project case when I get time... hmmm, i'll have to seal the cables down well, this thing blows a serious amount of air.
 
Yeah the bigger the quieter. But you may want a funnel since with that large fan like 50 % of the air will miss the CPU completely. Or do you got it to suck air out of it?
 
It's lined up almost perfectly so that 90% of the airflow goes right into the case, while it may not be directly on the CPU, it's the best I can do until I get a funnel. heh
 
pretty neat. its even got a housing for mounting ;)

if you figure out how to funnel that to your CPU without any backflow problems, please drop me a PM. im having real trouble with just a 120mm.
 
Originally posted by NightRaven
Ooh sexah. I wonder how many CFMs that beast pushes.

Aftermarket radiator fans push about 3600CFM, so I can imagine it's pushing at the very least, 1800.
 
Originally posted by HRslammR
good luck finding a grill guard :p

Pfft. Screw the grill guard. There's plenty of pleastic surgeons that can fix any mistake!

Granted .. a flea market plastic surgeon is not recommended.
 
I guess you don't need to watercool it, its plenty of air to cool it :D
 
Nice temp, not that great an overclock, and the dumbest ghetto looking thing I've seen lol.
 
figures it's straight out of canadia.
 
cool thing...but I'm wondering how did u get only a few degrees up when it's under stress?

I get like 20 degrees celsius up
 
The overclock sucks because of my generic 2700 ram, lol

and the temps i don't know, my 2.6c seems to run very cool, cooler than my other 2.6c, its wierd.
 
Back
Top