3.0c BAH

Glyphic

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, first day on water cooling, decided to push my cpu some more, so far it seems the max my cpu will go is 249 fsb @ 1.72 volts, don't think this is stable, since in windows cpuz reports voltages at 1.76, but setting vcore to that in my bios causes it not to boot. my pc-3200 is running at 3-4-4-8, not sure if getting pc4000 will make any difference. Any ideas how I can get any higher, I've tried using voltages 1.775 or higher and I just get a black screen and have to power off my mobo to reset it. any ideas, or is this pretty much it for this chip?

heh tempting, but it's an expensive thing to kick :p seems like my max is 245 fsb, @ 1.7 volts, ah well

sata has been known to hinder overclocks.. somthing about the sata not having a good lock on the pci bus.. i use sata myself .. my cpu is whats limiting things tho

mod your psu and do the droop mod to your mobo. That is the single biggest thing hindering your overclockability at this point. Trust me, I took my 3.0C to 4ghz stable on water and a modded p4c800-e and have benches to prove it.

Around 3.9ghz, you will overwhelm the antec 430. Again, trust me, I had one. I had to switch to a pcp&c 510 deluxe to get the last 100mhz stable.

computerpro3 said:
mod your psu and do the droop mod to your mobo. That is the single biggest thing hindering your overclockability at this point. Trust me, I took my 3.0C to 4ghz stable on water and a modded p4c800-e and have benches to prove it.

Around 3.9ghz, you will overwhelm the antec 430. Again, trust me, I had one. I had to switch to a pcp&c 510 deluxe to get the last 100mhz stable.

I never thought about it but it seems you are right, when I try booting with those higher voltages I get a black screen and it doesn't post, an issue I've had before when the psu wasn't enough. Also I looked for some info on the volt mod but couldn't find any solid guides

xtremesystems.org/forums for the vdroop mod. Go into the xtreme mods/motherboard section. Plenty of mods there

for the psu mod, your lines are likely drooping pretty low, not provding stable power. It probably won't make a difference without the droop mod but its still a good idea to do this mod anyway. I suggest it to all antec trupower owners. Its about the easiest mod out there and really easy to fix if you screw up. Heres a guide I wrote:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=765175

Back