• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3.0C -> 3.5 likely or no?

Joined
Mar 10, 2003
Messages
43
I'm thinking about building a new rig, and am wondering how likely it is to get a 3.0C running at 3.5 with a 233 FSB...I thought about doing the 2.4C, but it costs so much money for the DDR4400 RAM that would be needed to get it to 3.4+...is the 3.0C a good idea or just not feasible?

Storm1000000
 
Yea it could run at around 3.4 on air if you get all the good hardware to back it up, say Powersupply, motherboard, and most importantly, heatsink Fan. you could always run a 2.4 on split CPU/Ram ration like 5:4 or 3:2, and you wont need that fast of memory.
 
likely, but not worth it.

Get a 2.4C, 2.6C or 2.8C and save some $$$
I'd say you have about the same chance with any of those 3 chips...

slightly higher if you got a 3.0C and probably guaranteed if you got a 3.2C

I'm using DDR400 with my 2.4 OC'd to 3.6 with the 3:2 ratio so ram is perfectly with in spec.
 
I have a 3.0c and have been running it for months now at 3.6ghz (240fsb). It does this speed easily at 1.65V.

I'm sure I could go a bit higher but I don't like going past 1.65V (as my asus mobo volts a little higher in reality than the BIOS setting indicates).

With my Hydrocool 200 I get 27c idle and 36 full load (yes I know about the bad hardocp.com review but I get great results with my hydrocool.....my waterblock isn't concave either lol)

Kared
 
Back
Top